Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Alex to the rescue


Matt and Bekah were tossing a ball back and forth. Then she wouldn't let go of it and Matt said, "Gimme the ball..." Bekah playfully shot back, "No, you need to take a shower."

Alex is a very helpful kid. If I mention that I need to vacuum he goes and gets the vacuum out for me, plugs it in, and moves all the stuff off of the floor in about 30 seconds flat. Sometimes he is a little too helpful. If I ask Bekah not to stand on the laptop, he'll come charging into her because he was "helping" to get her off. Of course now his sister is hemorrhaging, but at least the laptop is ok.
The best was when I told Bekah that I needed to change her diaper. Alex runs and gets a diaper for me, but Bekah goes and hides in the corner. The next thing I know, Alex has her by the right ankle and is dragging her toward me. There is a high-pitched squeak coming from her palms trying to slow her across the wood floor. As you can imagine, there was also a high-pitched sqeak coming from her lungs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time!! Love the picture of Alex, btw. At first I thought you stole my blanket. Then I remembered that you have one too. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture!

Anonymous said...

Does Alex's father know that his son is posing online in his underwear? Good heavens! Does Alex know he is posing online in his underwear? I only hope he is doing his best impersonation of a skimpy Superman--with Scooby Doo underwears, of course. "I love black [and blue] underwears."

Ian and Tamra said...

The "ders" are cute and I love the cape!

Kari said...

Laughing out loud!! "NO, you need to take a shower." Love the "help" Alex so quickly renders...still laughing...dragging her across the floor. I can just imagine :)

· said...

This is so classic. Now you just need to get him a stuffed tiger! He even looks like a Calvin, so it totally fits :)