You won't grasp the full meaning of the title unless you've seen So I Married an Axe Murderer. So watch it. Not just for the title. So you can be my friend.
Matt and fruit have a delicate relationship. He can't handle fruit pieces inside of things. No raisin bread, yogurt with fruit, berries in ice cream, pieces of fruit in jam, etc. He thinks that they are no longer fruit, but some piece of flesh that has been run over by a car and then dragged off of the road. I asked him if he wanted strawberry jam and he told me he wouldn't eat something that came from a cemetery. That said, I went to a cooking club last night (I made Raspberry Gelato and am pretty proud of myself) and brought him home some samples. He took one look at the plate and said, "Everything has little corpses on it. Where's all the chocolate?" I said, "The theme was red and pink foods. You can't do chocolate with that." He quickly shot back, "Well, you find a way!" So, no treats for Matt.
Bekah loves all fruit. The other night she was eating olives. She promptly turned them all into babies, said goodnight, and put them to bed. Sweet, huh? Well, except that, after a quick trip to her mouth, she said, smiling, "I bit him head off".
Matt and fruit have a delicate relationship. He can't handle fruit pieces inside of things. No raisin bread, yogurt with fruit, berries in ice cream, pieces of fruit in jam, etc. He thinks that they are no longer fruit, but some piece of flesh that has been run over by a car and then dragged off of the road. I asked him if he wanted strawberry jam and he told me he wouldn't eat something that came from a cemetery. That said, I went to a cooking club last night (I made Raspberry Gelato and am pretty proud of myself) and brought him home some samples. He took one look at the plate and said, "Everything has little corpses on it. Where's all the chocolate?" I said, "The theme was red and pink foods. You can't do chocolate with that." He quickly shot back, "Well, you find a way!" So, no treats for Matt.
Bekah loves all fruit. The other night she was eating olives. She promptly turned them all into babies, said goodnight, and put them to bed. Sweet, huh? Well, except that, after a quick trip to her mouth, she said, smiling, "I bit him head off".
9 comments:
I have seen the movie, but I don't remember it very well. Jedd loves it, though. Your post is really funny. Matt won't eat anything fruit flavored even without chunks? I admit fruit in yogurt doesn't look much like fruit anymore, but no fruit, ever? Even the freeze-dried stuff in cereal?
Natalie switches from babies to biting heads, too. It shows they have a good grasp on the difference between reality and pretend.
I'm sitting here at my desk at work laughing to myself--others are wondering... I know what you mean about Matt's aversion to chunks in food---I've seen some serious gagging (by others in the family)over raisins in treats! Is it possible that something like that is inherent??
Bekah is a gem:)
Oh my gosh, Sarah, this is so hilarious!
Rach: fruit flavored things are totally fine. And the dried fruit in cereal is fine, too. it is just the kind that has been pulverized.
Kyrsten: you said, "Oh my gosh". Are you ever going to learn?
Mom, it has gotta be inherent because Alex has the same problem!
I already knew the fruit thing, but that thing about Beka is hilarious!
Sas-ray, post something else!
...19 more days!!!
"Come, let us dance like children of the night!"
That's hilarious that he hates fruit so much. So cute about biting the heads off the baby olives, too. Priceless!
Post a Comment