Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dorky Poetry

I woke up at 3am last night and couldn't go back to sleep. I have a lot of random thoughts when I am trying to go to sleep, and this is what came to me. Go ahead and make fun of me.

Ode to Chocolate
Chocolate, Chocolate, thou art my friend
Without you, my life would tragically end.
I like to think my brown hair is like cocoa,
Fragrant and flowing, but maybe I'm loco.
I have brown eyes, like chocolate ice cream-
Rich and smooth, but that's just dream.
Oh Chocolate, do you know what this means?
Without you, I look like poop and beans.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confucious say: Ka-stang! I love it! I was busting up. I write crap like that all the time. I wrote an ode to a plastic mayonaise container once. They're good fun. In fact, I wrote an ode to my friend Beth that randomly popped into my head in its entirety when I walked by her room. Isn't it loveliness? Maybe I should post a few on my blog? Seriously, though, that was HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I've never been so inspired by poetry as I was while reading this literary symphony. Your work makes me want to be a better person. And yes, it's true, your brown eyes are rich and smooth. They're like two enormous pools of delicious chocolate pudding, drowning me with their undeniable goodness. Well done!

Anonymous said...

I love it! It's wonderful! I tried to write an ode to Jedd for his birthday but it stank big time. It has deeper meaning for me, too - I've got chocolate eyes!

Anonymous said...

Me too, me too! Yay for the brown-eyed girls.

Unknown said...

That was the funniest thing I've seen all week. Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

If Sarah, Rachel, and Mary have chocolate eyes: Sarah's are dark pudding made from semi-sweet, Rachel's are milky chocolate pudding with a little butterscotch, and Mary's have some green jello mixed in. Mine, however, are Lindt 70% Cacao - beyond bitter like the kind that I must eat on my diet to avoid sugar. The dark chocolate is growing on me though. I did enjoy the ode.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Mom, that's hilarious!

Jenny said...

This would be all well and good for me ... I've got the brown hair and brown eyes, but Jason hates chocolate.. sniff sniff. Where does that leave me?

Nashelle said...

Sarah, you are halarious!

Sarah said...

I second Mary's comment, mom!

Unknown said...

How funny!! You are a very clever lady! I'm glad I stopped by for a good chuckle :)

Ian and Tamra said...

Hilarious!!! Can I say more? It almost made me wish I had chocolate brown hair and brown eyes. I think that from now on I will look at you and think about chocolate.

Terra said...

WHAT?! Estas loca! Terra busted up laughing and I asked why she was laughing and she read your poem/ode to chocolate to me. I would have to say that you should lay off the stuff for awhile, but I'm not that kind of doctor. It was quite funny though. -Dave