Saturday, February 9, 2008

All about Alex

Is it sad that I woke Alex up from a nap today by telling him he could have ice cream? Oh well, it worked.

I've been putting the stuff they gave us in Alex's eyes because he started getting pink eye. He doesn't like it (who would?), but is pretty good about letting me do it. The other day he was trying to talk me out of it and said, "but, it's too good for me". Nice try.

You all know Matt, mister quick wit and weird comebacks. Well, Alex has the same talent. Here they are at the dinner table:
A: "Dad, your taco is dripping"
M: "Alex, your face is dripping"
(a couple seconds go by)
A: "Hey Dad! You smell like a wall"

They both keep things interesting. Especially now that they aren't dying.

8 comments:

Ian and Tamra said...

Ian and I are glad that everyone is feeling better! We were just talking about how bad we felt for Matt especially with all the tests.

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are quite witty----I wonder who they got that from? Maybe the slave you sent me for my birthday? Is Big Al expanding his culinary tastes?

Once again, thanks for the glimpse of life in Missouri. Keep 'em coming!

Kacey said...

Alex says some of the silliest things ever. How does he think these things up? What a funny kid!

Anonymous said...

"Hey Dad, you smell like a wall." OH MY HOLY HILARIOUS!! I love those two.

Nice alliteration in the subject, btw. Kudos to you! *hands over a kudos* Everytime I say that, I think of when we would go boating with Daddy and we'd ALWAYS have kudos hanging around as snacks. Good times.

Well, it's past February 8, so I can start counting the days, eh? *runs to calendar and counts* 26 more days!

Anonymous said...

So...you were all sick? I'm missing some details here.

Sarah said...

oh yeah, sorry Rach. Matt had something else (influenza, I think). Alex kinda just had a fever and mild pink eye for a bit. I came away unscathed. Everyone is fine now. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Influenza - you must be married to a med student. I'm glad they're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I didn't catch that sick thing either. Thanks for making her clear that up, Rach!