Monday, February 18, 2008

Diaper Drama

The scene opens on a chilly Sunday morning in Kirksville. The Guymon family has awakened and is busying themselves with getting breakfast. As usual, the little girl needs her diaper changed.
Matt: (unzipping the pajamas) Did you know she didn't have a diaper on last night?

Sarah: (thinking he was trying to be funny, with an expression of "I don't believe you") No.....
I saw you put it on. (walks over and sees the diaperless body. Now with horror
and shock...) What in the world... but, it has to be somewhere!

Matt: What happened to it?

Sarah: (gives her a pat down) Here it is. Ew, gross! It's all bunched up around her left ankle!
(runs to start a bath)

Matt: Her socks are soaked!

Sarah: That is the weirdest thing I've ever seen!

So, after a quick bath and some laundry, everything was back to normal. It could've been a disaster, but they were lucky this time.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love it! You could be a playwright, Sarah!

Anonymous said...

It's those skinny little hips...they're to blame! One night I was so tired I put Brian's diaper on inside out. Let me tell you, they're not at all effective that way.

Sarah said...

That's hilarious, Rach! I've always worried about doing that.