
Mary also did a lot of reading (on her own and to the kids), tickling, pretending, sleeping, and staring. Hmmm....yes, that is pretty much what everyone in Missouri does, so at least the experience was real.
Here is Mary being a car driving the kids to all sorts of random places.
When I was in school, March was my least favorite month. There weren't any holidays, and therefore, days off of school, and that was enough for me to dislike it. St. Patrick's day doesn't count because there is no candy, no vacation, and all you do is get pinched. I guess if you are in Chicago for St. Patty's then it is another story. This is the day to live for in that town.
Here is the Chicago River:
They also have a huge parade that we did not watch for want of time. However, we made sure that we got some awesome Chicago pizza at Giordano's. While we were waiting I snapped some pictures.The next day we hit up the aquarium. We didn't think it was worth the money, but at least we did it once in our lives. Plus Alex really like the stingrays and sharks.
Of course a boat is way cooler than some fish and turtles.
Watching the diver feeding the fish
Bekah in an ambluance
More water stuff
Looking for dinosaur bones.
Playing in a treehouse.
After all of that, we had to let Mary go at the Chicago airport. We had a really fun time with her and hope that she did too. Bekah was asleep when we dropped her off. About 3 hours after she woke up she randomly asks, "Where's Aunt Mary?"
The next day we hit up the zoo, which did not disappoint. Every animal we wanted to see was out in clear view, so it was a lot of fun.
After the zoo, we drove up to the Phelps' house to catch up on the 3 years since we'd seen them last. We had a really good time talking with them, they fed us delicious food, and Alex and Bekah made instant friends. After reluctantly leaving from there, we heading south toward home. Matt drove the entire trip and barely stayed awake while we were all snoozing at 4am when we came into town. The best part was that when we got home we still had a whole week of spring break to look forward to.
We didn't do anything very significant for the break, but there is something that I should share because it is just too good to keep to myself.
Matt got Alex some bread or something at dinner. As he gave it to him he said, "Here you go, nugget." (He's always calling them random names) Alex says, "Nugget? Nugget? How about Lugget? Or Bugget? Or Rugget?" Then really loudly he yells, "Fugget!!!"
Say it out loud and you'll understand why I was dying laughing.
We didn't do anything very significant for the break, but there is something that I should share because it is just too good to keep to myself.
Matt got Alex some bread or something at dinner. As he gave it to him he said, "Here you go, nugget." (He's always calling them random names) Alex says, "Nugget? Nugget? How about Lugget? Or Bugget? Or Rugget?" Then really loudly he yells, "Fugget!!!"
Say it out loud and you'll understand why I was dying laughing.
9 comments:
Every kid needs an aunt like Mary!
Aw, thanks Carrie!
Sarah, thanks for all the pics. Now I can steal 'em! I'm glad the zoo thing worked out. That's too bad that Bekah didn't even realize that I was gone. You didn't get in until 4 a.m.?! Oh well, you had the week to get back on schedule. I miss you guys. Talk to you later. Answer the blasted phone next time I call you!
P.S. You know that picture of the pizza I took? I was laughing for like 2 minutes because of Bekah's face in the background.
The picture of Bekah in the treehouse is exactly how I remember you looking at her age.
Wow, that looks pretty exciting. So you know of course I have to comment on the "fugget" part. That's stinkin Hilarious!!
Hope you are doing well, I miss you. Wish I could see you.
Love you,
Heather
Love the update - I am so jealous that you got to see the green river (I have always wanted to see that)! But, I am so glad that you took a picture of it so that I was able to live vicariously through you!
Thanks for the newsy post. Love the pictures. Love, Linda
we're totally jealous of your travels. we never go anywhere. i'm not really sure why not. we're lame I guess. that's why we NEED you guys to come here and hang out and get us out of our lameness. we always did fun things when you all lived close. ok. so it's a deal. you'll be moving to portland in....3 days. thank you. see you soon.
p.s. loved the pics!
p.p.s. miss you guys!
We visited that children's museum over Christmas break. That place was awesome. I'm not sure who had more fun, me or our two year old. I'm already designing a giant water table like that for our backyard. Good to hear you guys had a fun trip. Good luck wit boards this summer. Yikes!
Post a Comment