Tuesday, April 28, 2009

doc holiday

Our last set of visitors was my dad and Linda. As soon as they walked in the door, the kids had Grandpa and Grandma doing puzzles and reading books with them. They don't waste any time.
I took them on a tour of the town which took all of 10 min, in which time Bekah and Keturah fell asleep, so Grandpa indulged Alex on the swings.




They also got in their baby time.


Matt and Dad had a great time talking medicine while us girls fixed dinner. I wish I had a camera for my dad's face when Linda took all the spinach at dinner and he didn't know about the tortillas waiting for the rest of us in the kitchen. Shock and disappointment followed by an incredulous, "Honey?". Hilarious.


Alex overheard us talking about where we were going to eat for dinner the next day and was upset when he found out he wasn't coming along, so Grandma Linda consoled him by taking us all to Burger King for lunch. This is Grandpa helping Alex figure out his new toy.


While the docs (future and present) were away at school, Linda and I played paparazzi with the kids. We got some pretty good ones.

Alex and Bekah being cheesy. Since Keturah can't do cheesy, she does whiny.

Keturah getting mauled as usual.

And after thoroughly spoiling the grandkids, they spoiled us with steak, lobster, and a great time on a double date (plus Kate).

I'm a little fatter from all this, but it was definitely worth it. We hope they had as much fun as we did.

10 comments:

Nashelle said...

Fun, fun! The picture of you and Keturah is so cute...she and Becca are looking more and more alike!

Mary said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm glad. Daddy told me about bike rides and ice cream as well, which sounded fun. With that picture of you and Keturah, she looks like she's a baby doll! And I laughed at the one where Bekah is looking... flirty? I don't know, if feels weird to say that describing a 3 year old, but it fits. Loved the pictures!

Mary said...

P.S. You get 10 points for the good titles in the last few posts.

Jenny said...

How nice to have had so much family visiting. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

It was a great visit!! One of our favorites ever. We enjoyed our Grandchildren to the max, oh, you and Matt too. I had a blast working on our picture project. We now have the Walymart picture thing down. And I lol remembering Robin's face when I dumped ALL the spinach on my plate. He had no idea Sarah had put that out there special for me. I was so embarrased when he looked at me and said "Linda". Then we were all laughing. Great memory. Thank you for your warm hospitality. Can't wait for the next visit. Love, Linda

H said...

That's pretty stinkin funny. I can just see it.
Looks like fun Sarah! I get all the company in May. Well, maybe not as much as you.
I love you, miss you so much.
Heather

H said...

BTW, I got my pictures and we love them. They really turned out great!!

Ben & Carly said...

Hooray for more family visiting...you're not going to know what to do with yourself after all of this company! I haven't seen Matt's family since my grandma's funeral years ago, they are such a good family and they haven't changed at all...especially that cute Jenny. Your little baby girl is such a doll, she looks like she will get plenty of love from those two!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we had a great visit.I really enjoyed biking the kids around Kirksville. Sorry you guys are moving even farther away. Thanks for a great time and your wonderful hospitality. Love dad.

N said...

I love the one on here of you kissing Keturah. Your hair is almost back to "long" again - wow, fast.

I wish we had the time+resources to go out to the midwest again this year. It was great that we got a trip in when we had the chance, though. We'll come someday if we can, though, I promise :)

p.s. yes, thanks for sending us the real pix via smail :)