Friday, May 2, 2008

Visitors from the West

So we had our mini vacation (at home) with Uncle Nathan and Aunt Heather. It didn't take long for Bekah to adore her uncle (this was 1 hour after they arrived). Notice she is lying on a metal car.She did the same thing with Heather.







Is that all she did was sleep? Well, we did go to the lake and try to enjoy the view of the all the beautiful...smoke. Yeah, it was really smokey so that didn't last too long. Buy hey, we got some pictures, so here you go.





.



And the girls thought it necessary (in the tradition of Sarah and Heather 12 years ago) to paint their toenails. And we (not Bekah) watched 27 Dresses after, paired with some chocolate, of course.






Nate entertained the kids a lot (there was a lot of growling and other audio effects going on), and bought Bekah some hair clips (I think he was giving me a hint), and Alex that Spider-man hat. Heather got Alex to want a Spider-man cake for his birthday (instead of fire). Oh, and Nate fixed our toilet. Like I said, it was a mini vacation for me, really.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need Nathan to come fix my toilet.
I'm glad you guys had a good time. Brian really took to Nathan when we saw him, too.

Pattie said...

It was great to meet some of your wonderful family at the park...Thanks for connecting with me...

Kacey said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all had fun. Heather called after she left and told me how much she enjoyed visiting with you.It looks to me like Beka enjoyed the extra hugs and cozy naps. Love to all, Linda

Unknown said...

Sarah, you have such muscular arms! Lookin' good :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, that sounds like so much fun! Nate is so good with kids, especially cuddly little girls like Bekah. So is Heather, but of course, everyone knows that already. It was weird to see that lake without ice chunks. I loved the pictures as well. And it still cracks me up that Alex wanted a fire cake. I'd want to try that just for the challenge.

Thanks for updating! Keep it up! I won't be able to talk to you on the phone, so you have to pick up the slack extra here! ("Oh, it's always about you, isn't it?" -Name the movie).

Jenny said...

I'm glad you had a good time. Bekah is just the cutest. Who wouldn't want to curl up and take a nap with her?

N said...

Thanks for letting us visit. You didn't mention that you made us those awesome bon-bons and the chicken stuff. You're a great cook :)