It was raining yesterday, so we (actually they--I was decorating the cake) started out the day playing in puddles and such.
A game and wagon from Grandpa Robin and Grandma Linda
He really like playing this game--and he won!
He really like playing this game--and he won!
A ton of cool books from Grandma Jill
He had us read "There's a wocket in my pocket" 4 times yesterday
He had us read "There's a wocket in my pocket" 4 times yesterday
Legos and cars from Mom and Dad
From Grandma Sallie and Grandpa Rich: the thing Alex hasn't wanted to take off since he put it on--a batman costume.
Anyway, so we had hot dogs for dinner (we basically only ate protein the whole day), and then, of course, cake and ice cream. Any guesses on the cake? That's right. Batman.
The black frosting made for some fun pictures
13 comments:
Those puddles looked like so much fun. I think I would want to be out in those too. But that would be a toss up. You said you were making the cake, if you were eating frosting I would be in the kitchen too. Looks like Alex had a wonderful 4th birthday. Good job!!
Seriously impressed with your cake!! You really made that? Did you take art in high school ;) love the candles in his eyes. How did you make the ears? You should start a cake decorating business. OH, and it's Nicole Cardoza. Do you remember her? She lived in Camino.
Those puddles look like a lot of fun, I think I would be playing in them, too! Thank you for letting us share his birthday with you---I love the pics (and Bekah, too!).
Will see you sooooon!
Your 'puddles' are huge! I'm glad Alex had a good birthday. Bekah looks like an angel, and more like you all the time. Your cake is impressive - I didn't realize Alex was such a huge batman fan. Does he watch a batman cartoon or something?
What a fun birthday! What could be better to a four year old than jumping in puddles, a card from batman, batman costume, lots of presents and a totally awesome batman cake! It looks amazing, how did you learn to make a batman cake?
Your kids are getting big and are so cute, it's a mini Matt and Sarah!
Thanks for all the pictures!!! It was wonderful to see Alex and his presents. We're glad he had a happy birthday. Love you all so much, Dad and Linda
Oh to be young again and spoiled!!! What fun! Happy Birthday Alex! We will have to come play sometime.
I love the pictures. Sorry I didn't comment earlier. I read it at midnight the night I got back from Mexico, and I didn't have the energy to respond. When I talked to Alex today and asked him about his birthday, he only talked about the cake. I had to pry more out of him. Kudos to you for an awesom cake job, and thanks for the advice on how to do it!! How long did you freeze if for the first time?
Happy birthday cute boy!!!
What a great birthday! Sarah, I love the cake; great joB!
Haha. Yeh, she was sassy! She used to tell me when we'd get in "arguments" that I only was her friend because she had a pool:) Hey wait, you had a pool! Well, that's how you know I"m your true friend, because it sure wasn't for your pool! hahaha-
p.s. are you guys coming to the 10 yr class reunion this August??
You are officially a cake maker rockstar. So cute!
Haha. When I knew I was going in for the hose, I proped the camera up and set it on timer. I like doing that sometimes, because otherwise I don't catch the action with all of us. And it's candid :) Austin has taken some pretty impressive photos, though hahaha. By the way, I heard about the reunion actually from Alisha Young (of all people--she didn't even go to high school haha). Then I saw Adam Kotch on facebook and he mentioned something about it. I think it's the middle of August. Hey, I could drop a buddy pass in the mail to help with plane tickets if that would help. Okay, this is getting too long--I need to write an email!
Post a Comment