Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mum's the word


So, for Mother's day, Matt made me french toast for breakfast. He came home Saturday evening to me making a breakfast (for dinner), and said I'd ruined his plans because the sausage was for a Mother's day breakfast in the morning. Whoops. The french toast was great though--we still had some real maple syrup left (yay Costco!), even though Alex drank an ENTIRE 8 oz bottle of it when I wasn't looking.
Then I got to open presents. I got Sense and Sensibility, because our other copy was broken (that would be Alex again), some bowls, candy, a macaroni necklace, and, this might be my favorite: a book about me. The book is from Alex--I guess I can forgive him now.

Here's what it says, with Alex's responses:

My Mom always says....Bekah, don't run in the street!
My Mom loves it when I.....pray.
My Mom is very good at....picking up sticks on the lawn.
I love my Mom because....she sleeps with Dad in his bed.
I think that my Mom is silly when she.....does stuff funny.
My Mom really likes to eat....chicken and meat.
My Mom helps me by.....buying more pancakes.
My Mom spends most of her time....picking up all those sticks.
Just some clarifications: The chicken and meat thing is something Alex really likes to eat, not really me. We had Alex help pick up sticks to earn some money--I guess he thought that took a lot of time.

Anyway, besides Bekah throwing up, Mother's Day was really good. Matt and I made dinner, but he cleaned up (he usually does anyway), and we watched S and S that night. There was, of course, ice cream to attend the movie. 'Twas a good day and I didn't even have a headache!

15 comments:

Pattie said...

I wondered where you were...Happy Mothers Day I glad there were no incidents with the ice cream this time....

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I love the book from Alex! He is such a funny kid!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I'm glad it was a good day! Macaroni necklaces are a given on Mother's day (the question is, did you wear it?). Alex is hilarious! The sticks thing made me laugh -- it reminded me of your leaf problems. And he drank a whole 8 oz. bottle of syrup?! No way! Spazzy kid.

I miss you tons. Post more often, dang it! Love ya! -Lil'est Sis

Sarah said...

Yeah, I wore the necklace, but he asked if he could wear it. And then he started eating it.

Rachel said...

I love the flowers. And Alex's book, of course. Who helped him with that?

Sarah said...

The book was a Sharing Time thing--Matt wrote down his answers. Normally I'm there too, of course, but Bekah was sick so I was surprised!

Kari said...

Love it! So funny about the sticks. I love the comment about loving you sleeping in Daddy's bed.

Amy Beatty said...

That book is the best. It will be great to pull out down the road, it will brighten any cloudy day. So cute.

Jenny said...

Glad you were able to enjoy your mother's day. Alex totally rocks!

Kacey said...

I love Alex. If only life could be that simple for everyone!

Maria and Ryan said...

holy sameness batgirl! I got french toast for breakfast TOO! That's why we're all such good friends :-) Sounds like you had a good one! I can't wait til I get a book written by one of our kids. That's awesome! Isn't so funny to see how their little minds work?

Danika said...

Alex is such a funny kid! It's funny how a 3 year old views life.

Glory Watts said...

That was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Thanks for the laughs Alex. What clever answers he had.

Anonymous said...

Wow, apparently I'm the only one who hasn't gotten a blogspot account. Even Rachel conformed! What's the deal? This site isn't THAT great! I don't even like blogspot! I refuse to conform! I will stay true to livejournal!!

Anyway, I'm bugging you to post again. That is all.

Sheila said...

I love your blog.

I ALWAYS laugh.

Thank you for being so funny.