Monday, March 24, 2008

Creative Cakes

This is my 2nd Birthday bear cake. My dad is very talented with art and was able to make us some really cool cakes when we were kids.
Rachel's 15th Birthday Koala cake
Nathan's sometheenth birthday (Nate can you help me out?) Dragon cake.
So I try to carry on the tradition (like the Mickey cake on the left), and Alex sometimes randomly tells me what kind of cake he wants on his next birthday. Today he told me he wanted a fire cake. Then he told Matt that Bekah wanted a frog cake, Dad wants a cupcake and that I wanted a washing machine cake.

10 comments:

DeAnne said...

I love that your dad made them--he went all out on those. How fun!!

Anonymous said...

I actually made the cakes and frosting - usually helped cut the cake pieces and did the background frosting. I did Matt's snail, Sarah's rabbit and Nathan's cat pretty much by myself. I do admit Nathan's lion was your dad's masterpiece. Rachel's elephant was cool too. I should bring the slide projector when I come with the family slides.- Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey, I had a lion too! But I don't think Daddy did that one. Mom, didn't you do that? He did my bunny cake for my first birthday, though! But Sarah, I can't believe you didn't even mention your Timon one! THAT one takes the cake. (pun intended)

As for Alex's requests... good luck on the fire one. I think the frog would be awesome, though! Especially in 3-D, like Danny's car. Remember that?

Well, I won't be having a birthday cake this year, but perhaps next year I'll request a homemade designed cake.

Sarah said...

oh, mom, I know you made the cakes and frosting. Sorry, I didn't give you that credit. The ones you mentioned I don't remember, though.
Mary, I'm sorry you don't get a cake. I totally forgot about Timon...do we even have a picture of that?

Jenny said...

That is awesome! I love making Tab cool cakes. It is so much work, but the finished product pays off.

Danika said...

Alex is the funniest kid, I hope my kids say funny things like that!

Terra said...

I love reading your blog. You always have such funny stories on it.

Anonymous said...

I always loved the cake tradition, but sadly, my talents are just not up to it. So I'm glad you have both the desire and the ability! How do you keep crumbs out of the frosting?

Unknown said...

Okay, so these cakes are totally amazing...and now I'm embarassed that I posted a picture of Jensen's 1st b-day ugliest cupcakes EVER. (Maybe not ever, but I think I need some help :)

Anonymous said...

Not sure which year that was.. probably 15 or so - I always looked younger than I was. (A phenomenon that has been sadly reversed in recent years!)