Thursday, November 11, 2010

Overdue

Yes, this post is abominably late, but I'm really not sorry. I've been having fun and that is not a crime where I live (at least not yet). I went on a surprise trip to California for my brother's wedding. Matt had to do some finagling, but he managed to get some time off to stay with crazies #1, 2, and 3. He's a champ. While I was away, he watched cartoons with them, let them stay up late, took them to birthday parties, made breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, and when I came home after 3 days he said I was totally validated every time I looked at him as my salvation when he walked in the door from work. (Here's me doing a silent cheer in my head.)

Anyway, Michael and I cruised on over to home base to a jam-packed weekend of fun. My mom brought us from the airport to her house with two of  my brothers and a sister. Even though is was 11pm (2 am for me), she wasted no time in placing a steak, baked potato, salad, and fresh raspberry smoothie in front of me. What a great way to start a vacation. After a lovely chat that included two topics that would consummate any Locke family conversation (in-depth microbiology and The Great Race), I headed off to bed.
Get up, get dressed, pick up brother #3, drive for 2 hours, and we are wedding-ready. I had to make my round of hellos to Linda and bride Heather. She is stunning.


 Linda, Heather, Jill (my mom)

 
With my step-sis Charity. Michael is just a few hours older than this cousin.


The latest boy editions of cousins.


Michael had a few people to meet for the first time--like Grandpa Robin here.


And Grandma Linda


Of course Aunt Heather


None other than Aunt Mary


And poor Uncle Matt. He didn't do anything wrong, Michael was probably distraught from the fact that he has such a huge extended family. There are like 30 more people that aren't pictured cuz the pictures I took were ruined from the super bright sun.


So now it is time to walk her down the aisle.


My dad filled in for her dad who was sadly stuck in jury duty. If he didn't have a good enough excuse, than I don't know what one is.


There's my bro gettin' hitched.


Brothers 1, 2, and 3 with Daddy-O. This is missing #4: Danny. We'll get him later.


I was mostly a photographer, so here is proof that I was at the wedding. After 3 minutes of pondering, I have no explanation for the pose, and I'm not wasting any more time, so you can think what you want.
See what I mean about the sun?


Here is the Beauty with the cake at Chevy's after the nuptials.


Nathan and Heather


I think she's happy.


Him too.


Me, Linda, and Dad


And a couple of delinquent brothers.


That is it for the wedding. I'll get to my other meanderings later.

5 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

FUN! Family and a wedding. I'm so jealous. And You look GREAT!!

Mary J. Locke said...

I liked watching the stages of Michael. Matt was a bit unlucky, catching him toward the end.

Melissa said...

What a good husband! Glad you got to spend time with your family and mostly kid free.

Rachel said...

Wow! You finally posted! I wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed this post all together. Oh well, better late than never. It was wonderful to see you and meet Michael. He is such a doll.Love to all, Linda