He's thinking, "Is this a dream?" She's thinking,"Are you sure I'm related to this kid?"
Here we are on that sweet couch. G hates pictures, thus the scowl. Or maybe it is a smirk because she beat us at gin rummy.
We took the relative out around the town for shopping and such, but I made sure
we stopped at Round Table Pizza for lunch. Best pizza chain ever. The teen-aged Asian kid at the register gave us free sodas. I thanked grandma for being so good looking.
we stopped at Round Table Pizza for lunch. Best pizza chain ever. The teen-aged Asian kid at the register gave us free sodas. I thanked grandma for being so good looking.
Time ticked away and we had to leave old G, but it was one of the funnest visits to Fresno that I've had in a while. Back to mom's house we go to feast on pork verde and cream puffs. Remember that brother #4 missing from the wedding? Ta-Da! Trying to lean out of the picture didn't work, Dans. Unfortunately, I didn't see my other sister Rachel, but we'll get her to MI if it kills us.
Grandma Jill + sleeping grandchild = mom's favorite past time.
There were a few more important people on Michael's list of folks to meet and subsequently spit up on. Grandma Sallie and Grandpa Rich (who wins Alex and Bekah's "Funniest Person" award)...
...and Aunt Jenny and Uncle Eric. We went out to breakfast and then just got to relax and talk for a while before I had to leave the mecca. It always feels as if no time has passed when I'm with them even though visits are sparse. I guess it's because we're family. Love it.
Anybody else think he looks way more like her kid than mine? It is a good thing she's just about the nicest person on the planet or I might be jealous.
5 comments:
I'm throughly pleased for you that you got to get away and see your family, it's a testament to how crazy being a stay at home mom is when a long plane ride and traveling around with an infant is considered a vacation! I'm so glad you had such a great time....man that Jenny doesn't age, she still looks as young and pretty as ever, I wonder what her secret is. oh and I personally love the pose you pulled at the wedding, anyone can see it needs no explanation...you look stunning yourself!
Looks like a lot of fun. I still haven't met Matt's parents yet.
Oh, Grandma... Good times.
I have to say, as soon as I saw Jenny holding Michael, I thought, "Wow, he looks more like her than Sarah!"
That visit with Grandma sounds like such fun.
Holy Crap, Sarah! You are the prettiest mom of 4 I've EVER seen. I had to right a comment right this second because I am really in awe at your prettyness and togetherness of your fun weekend and your momhood.
Enough said. One day we will see you and your beautiful family again.
Post a Comment