Thursday, July 8, 2010

Weekend Getaway

If you haven't noticed, we like to hang out with the Crellin family. Jenny and I are secretly trying to plot out our families' future together when our husbands are doctors. In the meantime, we have to be happy with at least living in the same state.
We could probably be stuck in traffic in Nevada with only eggplant to eat with these guys and still manage to have a good time. Luckily, we were in Michigan, sans t. and e., and a sunny holiday was waiting for us. First stop: the beach.

Keturah was happy to find all the delicious crackers buried in the sand.

As usual, Alex is in the sand and Bekah is in the water.


                   At the parade.
Jenny's dancing generated confusion rather than smiles. I guess true talent is lost on the untrained eye.





If you are like me and you're wondering why we have a picture of a giant shampoo bottle, ask Matt.


After the parade, a yummy lunch, and some napping, we went over to see some fireworks.


I know Jenny will appreciate this picture.


Some kids having their way with the watermelon.


And just killing time.



Watching the fireworks



We also managed to squeeze in a stint up in Traverse City at the Cherry Festival. We had a lot of walking to do, so we converted our double stroller into a quadruple stroller.


The kids did some crafts, we ate cherry stuff, and we tried to keep from "melting into the sidewalk" (Alex's words).


And finally, we caught the end of the air show, which was pretty impressive. I don't know why I bother with a picture, because it looks pretty lame here, so just know that it was cool.

11 comments:

Ian and Tamra said...

Love all the pics! Glad you guys are still together all the time and that you are plotting your families' futures (aka betrothals).. ya I know the secret language of 'plotting'. ha ha. Miss you guys.

Jenny said...

So on top of things to get this post up! You'll have to email me some of the great shots you got, um.. you can skip the lame on of me not catching the football. I'll have to see what lame pictures I have on my camera...you know you were asking for it right?

Tamra...I think the plotting she is referencing is more likely us trying to plot our husbands residencies and careers in the same areas.

Mary said...

I love the quadruple stroller thing! Especially since Bekah looks like a giant hairball. Looks like tons of fun! That was a pretty impressive shot of Jenny's equally impressive fumble.

Rachel said...

Looks like fun.

Natalie said...

You are NOT wearing jeans so smashingly already. I hate you.

Natalie said...

...I mean that in the best possible way....

Ron and Rachelle said...

You look great and congrats on your baby, I think you are so awesome and that your kids are so cute!!!

Shanda said...

I LOVE you- you're seriously so awesome, you always make me smile! I'm glad you're having such a good time! Can't believe how active you are with such a little one- AND how good you look! Talk about a good mom!!!

Charla and Jarom said...

Your new little baby is totally adorable! Congratulations!

The Haas Family said...

What a blast! Your kids are so gorgeous!!! And I can't even believe you just had a baby, Sarah! You look fabulous!!! I loved Traverse City and Petosky--the whole northern part of Michigan (Kzoo just sucked). So fun to see you guys.

Melanie Chambers said...

That is so fun you guys can get together. Isn't it crazy how a 2 hour drive seems like nothing now if it means you get to see people who like you and who you like.