Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Up the hill to fetch a pail of water

We drove up towards the Sierra Nevada mountains to reach Matt's parents house. The evergreens make it incredibly beautiful all year round. And the water--oh the water. It tastes soooo good, it is clear, it actually rids the soap from your skin, and these towns know the true meaning of water pressure. Can you tell I'm not a fan of our soft, iron-ridden, pressure-less, wanna-be water?
Okay, enough about liquids, good and evil. The foothills of the SN mountains are home, yes, but there really is no better place. Somebody back me up on this. Beauty, charm, trailer parks. Seriously, what town have you been to and not seen a trailer park? I'm pretty sure even Beverly Hills has one lurking somewhere.

Anyway, here we are on the lovely Christmas morn (a snow-less one, I might add. A minor annoyance, however), with smiling faces. Matt totally cheated and got dressed, whereas Jenny joined me in keeping pj's on like you are supposed to do on Christmas.

Alex can hardly contain himself.


Bekah got some girl toys that she loves and plays with all the time, but she still shoots people in the halls at church with her cannons. Sweet little angel.


Matt's grandparents were there for the week also. Grandma's stories and Grandpa's smile. Can't top that.


Keturah tried pretty hard to grab Grandpa's smile from off his face.


Matt's other grandma made her debut as well--she was really good at being interested in all the features of Alex's latest transformer. Such a sweet great-grandma.


Keturah did her best to charm Grandma...


...and Aunt Jenny...


...and Great Grandma...


...and Grandpa...


...but not without competition.



Again, thanks so much to everyone for a wonderful time. See, you made me post this and now I'm homesick already. Is it really still January? I swear this month is never-ending.





7 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

It's so nice to go home. You guys are just like us, that we both get to visit home on the same trip. Very nice but completely crazy busy between two families.

Amy Beatty said...

I also love the water!

Mary said...

I second you on how awesome the Sierra Nevadas are. Best place ever!

Ron and Rachelle said...

oh it looks like so much fun! Ron is reminiscing as he looks at these pics of Matt's parents' house...wow, it is a long vacation, lucky!

Carrie said...

Totally backing you up - this area is beautiful, despite the trailer parks :) Don't forget the Fair Folke!

Rachel said...

When it comes to beautiful vistas and great water, the Sierras win!

Mom said...

I miss everything about living in the foothills except the commute to work. Definitely miss the water!