We officially live in Michigan. Land of half of a percent milk. Our move was not as eventful as the one to Missouri, but not without incident. We learned last time how the tiniest piece of metal can cause $4000 worth of damage, so we were a little fearful for the drive. I'll need some skin grafts from peeling myself off the seats because the air conditioner went out, but that's not too bad.
When we lived in Utah, we heard the thunderstorms were really cool. They were cool. Then we saw Missouri's storms and learned that Utah had nothin' on them. Then we drove through the mother of storms in Michigan and realized we had it good in Missouri.
Once here, we had to get 3 major appliances fixed, and now we sort of feel at home.
Here's what it was like in our last moments in Kirksville: Dirty.


Keturah was a little neglected for a few days, but she is so mellow so she took it well.

Father's Day was the day after we moved all our stuff in, so we weren't very prepared. Matt got beef jerky and snickers. So awesome. The fun activity was unpacking and to top that off, we had hot dogs for dinner. Matt says he'll never forget it.
8 comments:
You fail on the whole "pictures of the house" thing, but thanks for posting! That picture of Keturah makes me think of your part in the Shakespearean Sisters skit. "I thought we were watching Scooby-Doo! Good times. Oh, and Matt's hair looks really cool in that last pic.
I didn't even get to give you guys a hug before you moved..so sad i hope Michigan treats you good...btw you need to get on facebook..
Thanks for posting! Keturah just keeps getting cuter.
Thanks for the pictures! I agree that Keturah keeps getting cuter.
Now that sounds like an exciting father's day. haha, sorry Matt. I'm glad you are all safe and sound. The kids are darling as usual.
Seriously, what is with the 1/2 percent milk. I seriously laughed when I saw that. Thanks for coming to visit by the way.
I'm glad you're there safe! I promise your hat is on the way- not feeling so great lately :) LOVE YOU!!
Were you saying a thunderbolt hit your car?!! (In the storm, thus requiring the appliance repairs?)
<< agrees with Mary - where's the pix of the new house.
Oh, whatever - glad to hear you had a nice 4th-order fun.. which I chuckled at, even if no one else will admit it :)
Post a Comment