Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Chat with Alex

I asked Alex to put some leftovers into the fridge. He asked what was in the container, so I joked, "your face". He thought about it for a few seconds then said, "No. My face is bigger than that."

Matt got some songs from the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack and there is a song called "The Kraken". I was trying to stifle my laughter when Alex asked us to play "The Crackhead".
Matt told me, "Just a few minutes ago he asked for 'The Crack.'" No more stifling, I had to hold onto the fridge for support.

We were explaining to Alex about marriage (like why he can't marry Keturah). We said that it is between a man and a woman. He says, "Or you could say between a Dude and a Mrs."

"Why is it called a loveseat?" I told him because there is room for two people so you sit on it with someone you love. He goes over to the rocking chair and says "And this is where you sit if you hate somebody."

While we were exploring the bay, we came upon another stretch of beach. We had told the kids we were going to the playground, but we stopped there for a quick peek. As we were preparing to get out of the car, Alex wanted to know what we were doing. Matt told him there was a beach there and "we just want to see what it looks like". Alex queried, "Why? We already know. Sand. Water."

6 comments:

Grandma Jill said...

Your posts are so much fun! Thank Alex and Bekah for the great happy birthday song for me. I have it saved on my phone. Miss all of you.

Amy Beatty said...

HE is SOOOO awesome!!! Funny, Funny guy he is!!

Mary said...

Oh, I love Alex! I'd pick out my favorite, but they were all so great!

Shanda said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the things your kids say :) Cracks me up every time!

H said...

He is hilarious, that one. It's so funny what goes on in there little heads.
I love you and I miss you so much Sarah. I'll try to give you a call soon. What's your new #?
Love,
Heather

thesquiresfamily said...

I miss Alex, he is hilarious!!!