Trivia: How do you know someone is a medical student?
Matt was reading the holy writ aloud. It read "into the land of promise." He read "into the study of promise."
As I was leaving the other night, I called out "Bye!" Matt complained, "You're leaving and you didn't give me a kiss? You could crash and die and I'd never see you again." I responded, "Don't worry, you could kiss my bloody remains." In case you were wondering, I did kiss him, and I didn't die. I know you were worried. Where I went was a meeting where we had the elections for the SAA. Mary asked me why I was running for treasurer and I also had to give a brief "speech" on why I wanted the position and why I'd be good. I didn't really have a good reason other than "I like math" (pretty lame). I should have added that I need something to occupy my mind so that I'm not looking for mathematic patterns everywhere I go--like in the car odometer, account numbers, phone numbers, digital clocks, and birth dates. Maybe as treasurer I'll stop doing such crazy things.
Alex is into fast cars. He's always asking what is faster--a Cobra, a Corvette, or a race car? He came up with the ultimate, fastest car ever, on his own: a purple ambulance with a spoiler. I'd love to see one of those speeding around.
11 comments:
What's SAA? I want to see the purple ambulance too!
Congrats on the treasurer spot. I thought your speech was great....maybe that's what I should have done long ago because I have actually pulled over to the side of the road to take a picture when our odometer hits a cool number, like 86868. Lame. I guess number people must be the real cool ones.....
I love it. Alex cracks me up. And I'm SOOO excited to be working with you in SAA!
You and Mom. The weirdo math people. Rachel's turning to the dark side as well, but I will stand resolute!
Alex looks pretty snazzy in his little vest thingy. By the way, when he says these funny things, do you make him pose for a picture just so you can post it on your blog? If so, he's very cooperative about doing it. I loved that "Are you
threatening me?" pic.
Bloody remains, eh? How pleasant.
Thanks for FINALLY posting. Sheesh, took you long enough.
Alex is way smart and very creative. Congrats on getting treasurer. You are way cooler than me! :) I really didn't want it, but just wanted to give you a run for your money.
--Jenny S.
(for some reason it won't let me post my name from our blog.)
SAA is Student Advocate Association.
yeah, Mary, I get Alex to pose. He loves to see pictures of himself. I took one of Bekah too, but she looked depressed (I wonder where she got that look from?), so I didn't post it.
Jenny,
Nice pun with "money". Ha!
Hey, I just got caught up on your latest posts and I have to say you have quite the personalities in your fam. I love the movie quotes and the awards posts the best...hilarious. Funny kids!
I like the "hug a bum", that made me laugh. But did he mean the body part, or a homeless person? (I don't think I'd really want to hug either of those.)
Oh, he meant the body part, Kacey.
I hadn't even thought of the double meaning.
That's funny I was totally thinking Bum,as n on the street. I can't wait to see them and you. Nathan just mapped out our adventure. We'll actually see you in a couple of weeks!! I'm so excited!! Yeah!
Love you,
Heather
Alex is very creative! You just may see one of those purple ambulances around here. As we were walking past the hospital last Spring, we saw an ambulance with its lights on going very fast towing a trailer with 2 riding lawn mowers! Yes, they drove right past the hospital. Moonlighting??
Post a Comment