Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life in Kirksville

I try to stay in bed as long as possible because it is unimaginably cold. Then the kids come in saying they are hungry (Jeez, they are so needy). Rebekah has this talent for making a huge mess out of any kind of food she comes in contact with. It's really something you have to see for yourself. What she can do with a little cream of wheat takes my breath away. Then, after breakfast, comes lots of jumping, running, and screaming. Now the big moment we've been waiting for: the mail. Well, that is my big moment -- for the kids, it is the garbage truck. Wow, we've accomplished a lot today. Then Matt calls at lunch. For those of you who talk to me on the phone, you know what this means. It is time for the children in the house to go crazy. Roll themselves up in the phone cord (yes, we are ancient, no cordless), use it as a jump rope, whack me with it, bite it, and whatever else they can think of. The afternoon drifts on until it is time to make dinner. This always takes twice as long as it should. When Matt comes in and asks what he can help with I ask him to distract the leeches until I can finish (with a kiss, of course). Not that that is hard; they run up to him and ask him to read or be a horse or build a tower. More running and jumping takes place before bedtime, and then we can relax. Well, Matt will still study a bit, and I try to talk him into letting me make a dessert even though it is not a weekend. Oh, we have this rule because otherwise we'd weigh a thousand pounds. There isn't anything that a little (or a lot of) chocolate can't fix.

12 comments:

Ian and Tamra said...

Sarah, you are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, the Lockes / and or Guymons are ALWAYS about chocolate. Seriously, I love your blog. aaahhh, a day through the eyes of a young mom.

Anonymous said...

Hey lady...

How often is this thing supposed to be updated? And what does a guy have to do to see some more pictures around here?

PS - You're quite lovely, you know.

Anonymous said...

OK, so is studmuffin Matt or do you have a stalker? Linda

Sarah said...

Dear HLD
You guessed it. Matt is my stalker.
But he might use a different alias each time.

H said...

Sarah,

My mother sent me your Blog and I absolutely love it. I'm really going to start trying to do this e-mail thing. I love you so much and it's great to hear about your days with the kids.

Heather

Anonymous said...

studmuffin!!!! blush blush PUHLEEZE! actually "cute" but pleeeease don't ever call ME that. Just teasing Matt. Love the blog. Glad all is well. Hope Matt is loving Med School. Sarah keep warm. Hugs and kisses to Alex and Bekka. DAD

Sarah said...

Hey, Heather! what is your email, anyway?

Anonymous said...

Dad, you're the biggest studmuffin of them all.

Anonymous said...

Poor Matt.


(That's right, no sympathy for you or the leeches.)

:}

Anonymous said...

And I second Rachel's comment, Daddy.

Kacey said...

haha. Ok this one had me laughing! And I can definitely relate. Wish you guys were closer! But maybe someday..