Alex has seen the Bedtime Stories movie and now reading a book at bedtime just doesn't cut it. He wants us to make up stories and that makes Matt and I groan when he asks. We don't have that talent. But anyway, I told Alex that we could take turns and I would start and he could do the next part and someone else could finish it.
I started with a giraffe that lost his parents and eventually found them, but they had been kidnapped by a snake. As we came to the climax I said, "Okay, Bekah, you tell us what he did next".
Bekah says, "He died."
Um, yeah, I was laughing, but Alex wasn't very satisfied with that ending.
And as for my favorite Bekah quote of the week:
We were driving home from the eye doctor and were 3/4 of the way home of a 90 minute drive. Everything had been fairly quiet as it was getting dark. She suddenly shouts, "Tree! Underwear!"
11 comments:
Bekah seems to be a bit morose lately, in a hilarious way. LOVE the quotes. And I would make up stories for Alex! It would be great fun. I liked the "Tree! Underwear!" for it's randomness, but if there was a deeper meaning to it, I didn't get it. *shrugs* It got a laugh out of me, anyway.
I love reading about the funny things your kids say! They always make me laugh.
oh...that's super funny! I can't wait to hear Carson's thoughts.
That had me laughing out loud. I will miss seeing your cute kids when you move. You're so funny. Thank goodness for blogs!
Was she talking in her sleep? She is so cute. I miss you tons!
I love you,
Heather
I love Bekah's response. And it goes so well with her picture! Really cute. Miss all of you! It was good talking to you yesterday.
I like Bekah's practicality.
I agree with Rachel. Very down to earth practical answer. So very cute! Linda
I don't think anyone can predict what their kids are going to say or be like when they get bigger...I was looking at mine today and told Ron, "These are real persons we are raising!" kind of lame statement, but they are such funny characters!
I'm glad I found another x-men fan!
LOL! So I guess it's time for a FHE lesson on being translated or twinkled?!? If only I could be a fly on the wall.
(p.s. if you do teach that fhe lesson, video tape it so i can watch...and laugh)
Post a Comment