Filled with smiles and fun.
It was very laid back and just fun to hang out with each other.
The stockings
Two of Matt's favorite things: his new beanie and Alex's Transformer Bumble Bee.
The kids love everything and still do play with everything about evenly. Although, since the transformers were introduced to Alex's collection, we have all been given new transformer names. Alex is Optimus Prime, Bekah is Megatron, I am Jazz, and Matt is Bumble Bee. The reason I mention it is because if you happen to talk to Alex or Bekah, they will correct you if you address them by these human names. They told me I couldn't wash their hair in the bath because robots don't have hair. They stopped arguing when I said, "Robots don't have buns either". Even still, Alex prays for "Jazz" to have a new baby (who is Starscream, btw), and for Megatron (Bekah) to be nice.
Now you'll either have an itch to go watch the movie, or never see it again. Ha ha.
So after playing with new stuff for a while, we went to chat with a lady Matt knows through a school program that didn't get to see her family for Christmas (she's 92). It was a fun visit and Matt and I agreed that she reminded us of my Grandma. That was as close to being with family as we got. The kids were great letting us just talk to her while all their new toys sat at home just begging to be played with. Once back home, we made a super yummy dinner that we all devoured with pleasure.
More stuff
So my big present was a trip to Kansas City to see the Nutcracker Ballet. We went the day after Christmas while Brent and Angie babysat for us, for which we are forever indebted to them. We did some shopping when we got there. Matt got a new pinstripe suit and I got some maternity clothes. Matt had a hotel reserved so we checked into our 14th floor room and got ready for the ballet. Then we went out to eat at Chili's. I know, real classy, but it is still one of my favorites even after working there, so it must be good. After that, we went to the ballet. The dancing was great, of course, and I liked the choreography and the overall professional quality of it better than the Sacramento Ballet. Matt enjoyed the music and some of the dancing.
The next day we went to Costco, which is always a treat, and then headed home.
Oh, and the reason I'm not in any pictures is because I'm always the one taking them.
The new suit
9 comments:
Merry Christmas!!! Looks like yours was perfect. And I'm completely jealous of your present. I would be Bumble Bee, if I had the choice... That is hilarious! Especially the prayers. We love that movie.
Wow, what a fun Christmas! It's great that you got an kidless overnight getaway before the baby arrives.
What a great gift! Alex is such a funny kid, I love his imagination!
Oh, I love the Nutcracker! I did ballet as a girl and did the Nutcracker every December. Fun memories, what a fun present!
Looks like you guys had fun. And good job Matt on the trip to Kansas City.
Your christmas looked so fun. I love the little expressions you always capture on Becca's face. How fun to go to the nutcracker.
That sounds like it was awesome! 'Course, you already told me about most of this, but I really liked the pictures. Alex and Bekah look so cute in their costumes, and that horse looks really nice!! And man, Linkin' Logs... good times. glad your Christmas was a good one!
Why have I never seen your blog?!? Wow! Can't wait for you guys to move here!!
I enjoyed all the Christmas pictures and stories. Alex is such a crackup. I'm glad you had a special date, and Matt looks very handsome in his new suit. Thanks for the birthday card. Love, Linda
Post a Comment