As a rule, I am not a big fan of the month of January. It is depressing coming out of Christmas vacation, daunting to start a whole new year, and debilitating with the bitter cold in the dead of winter. There aren't any good movies coming out, the few t.v. shows that we watch are on hiatus, our gas bill doesn't seem to reflect the fact that our house is an ice cube, and of course, it is time to start thinking about taxes. I don't watch the super bowl, I think the academy awards are useless and a total waste, and I'm not at all excited about some upcoming issues in politics. I love snow and rain, but this winter has been almost devoid of either of those, so we just get brown and cold. Needless to say, I am tired of this month and it is not even half way over.
Yep, this about sums up how I feel.

That is my grandma. She's hilarious.
There are many more things I could gripe about, but in an effort to not make this 100% negative, I'm just going to list a couple of things that make life worth living for me when it is a Monday in January and I'm 7 months pregnant with unexplained pains in my shoulder and cold, cracked, dry fingers to type with. (In no particular order)
strawberrieschapstickmy husbandhis back massageschocolatenapsmy healthslippersfamilyworking carsthe color redAlexRebekahthis nameless babya safe homecerealmy grandma (especially that picture)clean sheetsfriendsbaby wipespillowsWell, I feel a little better... but, could someone press fast-forward til February?
14 comments:
What a great picture of grandma! Being pregnant and being cold are both wearisome, so I sympathize with you. Hang in there, I love you!
Sarah, I always look forward to reading posts like these! At least you're finding the positive (that's more than I can say most of the time of myself). Thanks for the reminder!
What a great post - I loved it! I am also not a fan of January, but here is the good news...the days are getting longer and each day the sun provides a little more daylight :-) And here is some more good news...at the end of January you get to see me! Fabulous. haha.
Oh, sweet Sarah. I'm sorry about all the bad. I'm proud of you for finding good. You are amazing, and we love you and your family.
I took that picture! Or I took like 30 pictures just like it. Well, at least I made the blanket in her lap. I'm sad that my beautiful name wasn't on that list. Good list, otherwise. Cheer up, sis. January will be here soon enough.
Ha. I meant "February." I was multitasking, which I'm not too great at, obviously. Love ya!
Here here about the brown and cold Missouri...could we at least get some snow with the cold to spice things up a bit?!? Funny about your Grandma! Wish we were a little bit closer to visit. Good luck with the rest of January and beyond, Spring will come soon (in the big scheme of things, right?)
I completely agree! Especially being here right now. If it is going to be cold, at least give me snow! But at least I am not pregnant, so it's probably a little less miserable for me.
Sarah, I can agree with you on almost every single thing in your list. Except I don't have a nameless baby and AMEN to the baby wipes. Man, I use those things all the time. I mean ALL THE TIME!
Hang in there!
I couldn't have put it any better.
I can totally relate, although I would NEVER wish for snow! I thought I was feeling low... Try to get some sunshine everyday--they say it will boost your mood. I try to go to the park bench at the local store to sit in the sun, since we don't get any here at the house! You are a great person, Sarah, hang in there, I love you :)
You have such a way with words. See the thing that gets me through January is I have a birthday in February. Yeah. Your baby will be lucky to get a february birthday.
I feel the same way Sarah! I love you!
Oh Sarah, I hear ya, I'm only 13 weeks and trying to get over feeling SO miserably sick. But I'm grateful, and I know the miserable feeling just changes the farther along you get :)
Post a Comment