Monday, November 10, 2008

Bleu Cheese Toast

When my mom and brother were here and we were all in Nauvoo, my mom bought some Nauvoo bleu cheese from a local market. I am a total sucker for bleu cheese (like my mom), so I was dying, because you're not supposed to eat it when you are pregnant. Unpasteurized cheeses might contain listeria bacteria, which could cause meningitis in the baby when it is born, which could cause, oh, death. Anyway, so my mom flew back home, leaving most of the bleu cheese to taunt me in our fridge. I decided that I was going to have some one way or another, so I came up with a recipe to heat it to kill any listeria bugs. I combined about 4 oz of bleu cheese with 2-3oz softened cream cheese and spread it on sourdough bread and toasted it in a 400 degree oven for about 10 min. And the reason that I am blogging about it...because it was sooo good. I could eat just that for the rest of my life. Okay, maybe not just that. Cereal, ice cream, and bleu cheese toast. That's heaven.

Bad picture, I know. "Get used to disappointment", as Wesley would say.

8 comments:

Melanie Chambers said...

Sarah, now this is the 3rd recipe I am making compliments of you. I love bleu cheese, too. hopefully you, don't "die, too, for all I care" as buttercup might say.

Anonymous said...

That sounds good. I never buy blue cheese because it costs so much, but I love it!

Anonymous said...

What's with spelling "blue" in French? Sounds just as delicious as when you told me about it. Especially since lunch sucked. Ham sandwich. Bluh.

N said...

I love the quote. Dare you steal my favorite movie?! That's definitely on the top 3 list of good ones from Wesley :)

Props to Mary. I'd prefer BLUE cheese to that frenchie stuff. Spelled like frgo lgges. ickity-ick.

You can have all your iced bleu cream cereal. Some of us eat real food like enchiladas and spaghetti. It's a wonder you're alive, girl. You do feed the kids real food.. on occasion?

Maria and Ryan said...

Holy cow--I LOVE blue cheese! can you come make me some toast, huh?

BTW, the ice-cream cake didn't hurt my tooth, crazy eh? That's because I'm the master of eating on just one side of my mouth...THAT'S bc that tooth has been killing me for forever. But am I glad it's gone? Nope. It sucks. Never lose your teeth. Ok? Ok. I'm out.

Anonymous said...

OK, so my mouth is watering, and I'm still on the no carb thing. I can have the blue cheese, but what do I put it on? Any ideas out there? Linda

Shanda said...

K, love you guys, loved catching up on all your posts, and not particularly a blue cheese fan, but my tastes are getting more refined the older I get, I'm gonna have to try that :)!!

Katherine said...

Hey, that is so smart!