Matt's family came out here a couple weeks ago and we showed them all about life here in the Midwest. They flew into Kansas City and we drove them through the entire northern part of the state and into Iowa and Illinois, so hopefully they got their fill.
But, how could you get enough of this?

The weather was perfect most of the time which may have fooled them into thinking that it is actually mild here. Ha!
Here are the kiddies...

In Nauvoo, Il, they had some stilts and other games that we got to try out.

Matt, Alex, Grandpa, Grandma, and me looking smarter than usual.



Once we got here, we took the fam to check out Matt's second home.

Then we came home to relax a bit and celebrate father's day.



We ate this and watched "Amazing Grace". We also watched "The Bucket List" and "Live Free or Die Hard" while they were here.

We hadn't heard about the flooding the night before, so when we crossed the Mississippi, we saw some of the effects.

Checking out some of the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Grandpa Rich, Aunt Jenny, Alex, Grandma Sallie, Rebekah, Matt, me.

This is just to show you how much fun we had just riding in the car!




11 comments:
Looks like a fun trip! It's going to take me awhile to get used to your haircut. You look so different.
Lots of cute pictures...loved it!
And I love Bekah's hair up in the little messy ponytail..adorable.
Hopefully the dates you are here will work out for us so we can see you guys!!! I know we're camping with your family August 8th-10th...and then I think Brycen and I leave for Clovis on the 13th or so. How long will you guys be here??
I love this post. It looks so pretty out there in that first picture. Does it really look that green? I can't imagine living so far away from CA, looks like fun though. Thats cool and scary that you got to see the flood. And I think you got one thing wrong on your post, I'm thinking that your home is Matt second home. I know how demanding school can be. So worth it though. by the way, were you blogging in the car?
Hey Matt and Sarah! I found your blog :) Your family is adorable. It was really fun to read your blog and look at the pictures. I can't believe Matt is in Medical School, I mean I can because he always said he might, but I can't! We're getting soooo old and grown up, SCARY. Our little guy just turned 1, and time is flying. Check out our blog. There's also pictures of Chaundra and Haleigh (Chaundra's daughter) She is 5 and just graduated kindergarten! So great to catch up with you guys :)
I'm not sure if you can get to our blog by clicking on my name, if not, here's the website
http://jaromcharlamartin.blogspot.com/
Ok good I'm excited now! Maybe we can even push our Clovis trip back a day so we can hang out with you guys for a couple days! (depending on your plans of course)
Either way brycie will have a blast with his cousins i'm sure!
Awwww---I'm coming back!!!!
You mean it's not always clear and sunny in MO?
Great pictures, Sarah :)
Wow, looks like you guys had a blast! I sat there staring at your title for a minute, thinking, "Gee, Sarah remembers a lot more French than I do. What does 'souri mean?" And then the anvil hit me and a felt a little dumb. The kids look so cute! I can't wait to see you guys in August!
Great pictures...looks like you all had a wonderful time. Your Dad wasn't sure exactly when you were going to be out here. How long are you staying? We're flying out on the 14th and coming back on the 18th. I sure hope you will still be here when we return. We are excited to see you all!!! Love, Linda
What fun for you to have your turn with family here! We need to hang out sometime, because we haven't done it in a long time!
You made me laugh thinking about cheerleading tryouts! Oh my gosh, it's so pretty there! Such cute pictures, Sarah. I'd love to see all those sites. It's great to see Guymon and Sallie in some of those pictures. Makes me laugh. He never changes.
Post a Comment