Sunday, November 6, 2011

Right here are the tools you need to get you all the candy you could want on Halloween:

You'll also need a decent neighborhood, some ambition, and good shoes to make the rounds. We made some serious profit on the candy front. We bought our share to pass out, and we came back with 3 times as much. If only making money were that easy. Our kids are eager to share and Matt and I pretty much help ourselves with K & M's. We had to carry them around and pay for the costume, so it's a fair trade.

Michael looks like a thug (that drools).


And one must include the jacks.

Alex did his "vampire" by himself for the first time and I love it. It is on the far right--reminds me of one of Sid's eggs below. Awesome.

I brought these cookies to our church Halloween party. Just FYI: midwesterners know how to celebrate Halloween way better than Californians.



Time to go eat some Twix.

9 comments:

Ron and Rachelle said...

very cute!

Rachel said...

I'm not over-fond of Halloween, so I'm curious, why is it better in Michigan?

Anonymous said...

Aww! Bekah and Michael are adorable in their matching outfits! And I can't believe that Tiger costume is still alive. That thing is going to become one of your family's relics.
Are those cookies the chocolate ones?
See you Thursday!!

N said...

it's better here. it was like 80 degrees that day. also - who did the bat? is that the vampire? I should upload a pic of ours, as well.

Sarah said...

People decorate their houses here more and you see a lot more adults getting dressed up. I've never been a big Halloween fan, but it pretty fun when everyone gets into it. The Halloween party is by far the biggest turn out for our ward activities.The weather wasn't too bad, either. Around 50. It's not 80, but it is certainly better than the 30's like it could have been.
I did the bat, but it was a pattern. I know---it's cheating.

Mom said...

They are all adorable! Keturah and Michael have grown so much! When I was a kid, most people in my Fresno neighborhood were really into Halloween. But it waned with the decades. I'm glad you had a great Halloween in Michigan.

Natalie said...

You still have Twix left? Lucky! Your children look adorable. I especially love K's pig tails. Love the jacks, also. We can't go a day without watching Dawn of the Dinosaurs, so I really loved Alex's. Love to you all! xo

The Haas Family said...

Love Bekah's boots! Your kids are so darling; I love seeing them! So know what you mean about mid-westerners going all out for Halloween. We just did one block, and I've never seen the like! People were riding in the back of a trailer with lounge chairs (chaperoneing their kids), we got gift bags, and the streets were FULL of parents and kids. So fun! P.S. the the Detroit jacket was given to us by the Hagens (they went to Genysis). Rob and I, of course, aren't fans, but one of our neighbors grew up in Detroit, saw it, and now thinks we are super cool. Go figure.

Jenny said...

Tab was looking over my shoulder while I was looking at your blog and he saw the red eye picture of Mary and asked who that creepy girl was. lol. Then he saw the pictures of the kids and freaked out and started crying. He kept saying Alex really is my best friend. He is pretty angry with me right now for not letting him immediately go over to your house. I must admit that I feel the same way.