The last hurrah of our trip was meeting up with Grandpa Robin, Grandma Linda, and lots of uncles, aunts, and cousins. First we went to a park for a picnic.
Grandma Linda and Uncle Matt helping the kids feed the geese. This picture is as close as I get. Those things are vicious.
Uncles Matt and Nathan arguing about computers. So boring. I'm glad I married a doctor. I'm also glad I can finally say that. It's a lot better than "student", especially when you are already in your 30's.
Not sure what these guys are discussing, but knowing Matt, the subject is likely to be poop. He's real mature.
Noah, Aunt Heather, and Aunt Mary
And what kind of picnic doesn't end up in a water fight? My dad started it, but I don't think he was counting on Nathan and Alex never letting it end.
After the park Bekah and I stayed with some of the other girls at Grandma and Grandpa's house for a sleepover. It started with the hot tub,
then we made strawberry parfaits for dessert. They all thought it was rich or too sweet, but not me. I ate about 3 times as much as anyone else. California strawberries are a thousand times better when you get them in their home state. The ones they pick to send to Michigan should be ashamed to be labeled as such.
Heather's and Charity's fat faces. I probably don't have their permission to post this, but they are the ones careless enough to let me take a picture of it.
The next morning, Charity braved the heat and took the kids for a walk down to the park. We met them later at the pool.
After a day of swimming, Grandpa took everyone out to pizza--
3 comments:
Too bad you didn't post the REALLY bad fat face picture. But then I think they would have disowned you.
You never sent me a picture of your B-day dinner, btw. I want to see it!
looks super fun...
You Californians and your love for your state... I do love it there, though. The best state on Earth to visit, the worst to live in. (Although I haven't tested this statement extensively. It's just my experience speaking here. And I think I feel this way because of the crazy politics. Is that enough parenthetical rambling??)
Thank you SO much for this post! I was wishing to see all those pictures of the family, especially Jenny the Bride! It was so great to see you all; hope you're doing well and that your mysterious injury is all healed.
Post a Comment