It would be hard to not visit them if they were the typical annoying, nosy in-laws because I'd want to be at their house. However, they couldn't be more understanding, supportive, non-nosy, and just fun, so staying up there in the hills with them was a week of bliss. I even slept on the floor and I'm still saying that.
We did go swimming 2 whole times while there. We squeezed both of them in right before we had to head back to MI because that was the only time it was warm enough. So we sort of took a lot of pictures because it was momentous.
Grandpa Rich was there for entertainment purposes. He's very good at that job. I think parts of his brain are still 6 years old. No wonder the kids adore him.
Grandpa Rich was there for entertainment purposes. He's very good at that job. I think parts of his brain are still 6 years old. No wonder the kids adore him.
Maybe it is just me but we look like we are overloaded with children.
The big event of the week was Aunt Jenny's and Uncle Eric's wedding. It was so fun to go to a sealing in the Sacramento temple. The advice that was given was invaluable, the love in the room immeasurable, Jenny's glow and beauty incomparable.
This is a bad picture (my fault), but this is where my leg decided to betray me for a good week and start swelling and aching for no reason whatsoever, so I wasn't very focused on getting good pictures.
This is a bad picture (my fault), but this is where my leg decided to betray me for a good week and start swelling and aching for no reason whatsoever, so I wasn't very focused on getting good pictures.
Here is a great picture of mosquito bites. Keturah woke up one morning with 4 or 5 of them all right between her eyes. It's like the 4 of them just set up a picnic there and sucked those lines dry. She sort of resembled a cling-on, not that I watch Star Trek, mind you.
So besides that good stuff, we went on numerous trips to visit Matt's mom for lunch. We also spent a rainy afternoon wandering around Costco. Unfortunately, so was half the county, so it wasn't very relaxing. It was beneficial in a way, because you get go back at least 10 times for the same sample without the lady noticing because there were just too many people that they couldn't remember who had already come up. They had a whole table with fancy cheeses that I hovered around for some time. Anyway, we made a trip to Cattlemen's for some steak and we had a big Pirates of the Caribbean party at the movie theater, not to mention watching several movies back at the house. We had fun just hanging around the house.
We also had a day to ourselves because some people still have to work, so we went up to Bridal Veil for a hike. It can't get much prettier that this.
7 comments:
Temple + Family (particularly a super awesome family like the Guymons) + Mountains... definitely heaven. Looks like Keturah had a lot of fun in particular. By the way, I don't think I mentioned this that day, but Bekah's outfit at Jenny's sealing was adorable. I wish I had the exact same thing in my size. Belated congrats to Jenny!
Bridal veil is so gorgeous. I'd trade my beach resort town for it in a jiffy!
I'm so happy for Jenny! Her dress is lovely.
oh I love that pool......there really is no pretty place. roaming through those trees are some of my very best childhood memories. Jenny looks beautiful, what a happy day for her. tell her hi and congrats for me!
I'm a mountain girl too. I'm still searching for the mountains here in the midwest!!
I love the picture of you and Matt over loaded with kids. That's how Nathan and I feel sometimes. Do you guys live in Michigan? I thought you were in California for Residency. We are really close to you, if you're in Michigan. We need to get together soon.
What a blast! It looks beautiful there.
Bridal Veil is awesome, and your kids always make me laugh. I remember the day you were married. I remember the Spirit was so strong and it told me so clearly, "This is right. She will be happy."
Post a Comment