Does that make them 52 times cooler than me?
Anyway, aside from the silly unspoken cruise culture and class system, it was pretty fun. Sorry for the rant. I guess I don't fall for the glitz and no-work environment. Good for a short time, but not for 52 of them.
Here we are on the ship headed toward Catalina, Ca, and Ensenada, Mexico.
The ship had a lot of fun things to do that we never do because we are boring people. Really, we watch a movie and eat ice cream like 2+ nights a week and have not grown weary of this in the last 9 years. But here we went to a couple comedy shows (the family ones). We also went to some quasi-Broadway productions, we watched some karaoke, which was not boring, much to our surprise. We even got to go dancing a few times. We also went to the gym (I spotted 4 or 5 dolphins while running on the treadmill), played a little ping-pong, and read the Percy Jackson series by the pool.
Food review: most of it was pretty good. A few things were delicious. A few were blech. The eggs benedict was awesome, the waffle so-so. Overall, it was fun to not have to cook and fun to have a variety. I can cook just as well or better than that, but I don't use the expensive foods that they offered, so it was worth it for that.
Here we are spiffed up. I can't tell you how easy it was to keep my clothes clean with no kids around. Amazing.
There is our ship way behind me.
Next we stopped in Mexico. At first we just walked around the town and enjoyed the different architecture and landscaping. We also went hunting around for some vendors because we were looking for cheap merchandise. Matt had a lot of fun speaking to people in Spanish and I had fun listening. I can understand him perfectly--the Mexicans a little less, but I got the gist. They all thought he was great and spoke wonderfully. No surprise.
My friend, the cactus.
All these vendors are set up along the walk to and from the blow hole. Matt haggled with some locals and we got treasures. We almost missed the bus because we had to get a churro before we left. Matt talked to the tour guide lady in Spanish for the hour ride back.
I just ate churros.
7 comments:
Haha!! So great and so true. I have a aunt like that. I would like to know why the person with 52 cruises is going on one for beginners ;) jk. Glad you had such a great time and lived it up with movies and ice cream. Glad you didn't get stuck at the black jack tables!
I'm glad you had fun. I would have called the kids, too.
I like your red shoes! Those are the ones you told me about, right? And thanks, by the way: Now I really want a churro.
I've never been on a cruise either so I am one below you on the social ladder. I think you got the better end of the deal on the last part....I'd rather eat a churro any day than talk to someone in spanish for an hour. you look beautiful by the way, you could never pass for a four kid mom(unless they heard you talking on the phone to them)....but if they didn't they would think you guys were young honeymooners!
Good on ya, mates! Love the red shoes. I'm with you about cruise caste system. And did you see a guy walk onto the Lido in his bathrobe and flip flops on the last day, or is he still on the Nieuw Amsterdam? Where are you going next?
Hahaha! Sarah, you are so funny! I love your tell it like it is personality. Too bad we don't live closer, we could watch movies and eat ice cream together. It really is the best date night :)
I miss how absolutely hilarious you are.
Post a Comment