Thursday, March 31, 2011

D.N.A. (Dove, Nestle, Almond Joy)

March: the month with no holidays (holidays get you out of work or school in my book, so St. Pat's doesn't count). I picked it for this reason. I had to find out if all my sweet treats were to blame for the parasitic post-pregnancy poundage. I also wanted to know if I had it in me. If I could survive drug-free childbirth a few times, then I could go completely drug-free for the month of March, right? By drug I mean chocolate of course. No colorful holiday candy to tempt me. Well, that was the thought anyway. I wasn't completely faithful to my well-intended goal. But I was probably about 90% successful in my attempt. I even made a chart, just for fun.
Here is a reminder, in case you forgot most of middle school like me:


And here is my pretty homework (don't make fun I haven't done homework in like...10 years.)
So I found out that if I don't have my meds, I just substitute it with other unhealthy stuff to make up for not eating funly (yes, I just used that--sue me). Also, I saw no difference in the ppp. So back to chocolate I go with thanksgiving and hallelujahs. 

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Hilarious! I say, bring on the chocolate! This month without Jedd has been difficult and stressful... and I found for myself that substantial amounts more chocolate than usual helped me get through it. I'm definitely crankier when I'm trying to resist a craving.

As to PPP - I think you meant milli-ounces.

Mary J. Locke said...

Hahaha! I forgot all about the scientific method. Your endurance is impressive, I must say. And now you get all the Easter candy you want! Bring on the Hershey's eggs!

Melanie Chambers said...

Whitty and Funny Sarah. I'm sure you look A-mazing. See you soon.

Ben & Carly said...

thank you so much for doing this research for me, I'm not even kidding I was just about to begin this experiment for the same reason and now....well I'm let off the hook! glad to see your findings were conclusive to my hypothesis. Life is too short, and candy is much to sweet. I say discipline in other areas, like daily prayer.....I'm banking on praying the pounds away. I will let you know the results!

K.E.N said...

That's awesome. I feel you.

Maria and Ryan said...

oh wow-it's been way too long since I read your blog. That Keturah is totally grown up! She looks so much like Matt! Love the chocolate experiment! I tried to go off of all sugar one time. I lost 6 lbs. super fast (like in a week, no joke) but not even 6 lbs. was worth it. So I ate sugar again, gained 6 lbs and then got pregnant so I could hide it all in baby fat. Horray for me! Are you still going to CA @ the end of May?

LOVE you guys!

Heidi said...

awesome! I think I'm just going to take your results and save myself the month-long suffering.

Nathan said...

If I can live without Coke in 2011, I'm sure you can make it without chocolate. 'Nuf said. Amen. El fin.

But, BOY, it's getting hard to wait for 2012. At least that will be the end of all the Earth, eh? hehe.