Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mumsie

We don't get very many visitors way over here in Michigan. I thought Detroit was on everyone's must-see list, but maybe I'm mistaken.
But I did have a baby, so my mom made the trek over here, however unappealing it may seem. It was like a myth-busters show because we showed her that it really is quite nice out here and it is way stinking cheaper than California.
 Grandma Jill shared her birthday with us, so we opened presents:



We also had a divine chocolate peanut butter cake.


I'm drooling


We hopped over to Frankenmuth so she could take in the German sites and the World's Largest Christmas Store. She has been to Germany where they advertise aWLCS, but she confirmed that Michigan has the bragging rights. We also went to the lake, watched movies, and ate way too much food. 
On Sunday was Michael's baby blessing, so she brought the tux that Uncle Danny and Alex were both blessed in for the little guy. Thanks for everything, mom.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! We haven't had many visitors, either. You'd think Ohio would sound more appealing...who am I kidding?! That baby tux is stinkin' cute, by the way

Pattie said...

Wow how fun to have your mom come for a visit.the tux is so addorable but i think the baby makes it a whole lot cuter...did she make it..

Yum i was drooling all over my keyboard while looking at the peanut butter cake..Looks like it could use a very large glass of ice cold milk..

Rachel said...

I'm glad mom made it for the blessing, especially since none of the rest of us could. You get to show off Michael to everyone soon, though!

Unknown said...

That is one sweet tux!! And I really want the recipe for that cake.

How fun that each of your kids all look so different! Lots of cute possibilities with you two!

I'm so glad you got a visitor, that means so much. What a mom!

Mary said...

You comment about opening presents and then the picture made it look like Michael came out of the pink bag. I chuckled.
I'm visiting you soon! Plus, I get to see you TOMORROW!

Mary take 2 said...

Correction: purple bag.

Anonymous said...

Michael looks so cute in his little tux. How special that it was Danny's! And that cake looked amazing. Looks like a fun visit. Linda

Anonymous said...

Michael looks so cute in his little tux. How special that it was Danny's! And that cake looked amazing. Looks like a fun visit. Linda

Mom said...

It was so much fun in Michigan with all of you - a great birthday! And the peanut butter cake was the best ever. Our Cousin Julie made a great baby tux, but I agree that Michael made it a whole lot cuter.