Friday, December 11, 2009

I have a good excuse

For not blogging, that is. Our house was a bay of pigs (swine flu). I didn't feel like blogging about the constant hacking that was plaguing my lungs.
Aside from that, we have just been getting ready for Christmas. We have continued the tradition of forgetting our camera most places that we go, so I've got nothing to prove we've actually done anything the last few weeks. Honestly, it isn't much, because we've all had our minds on California. We are so ready to see those beautiful evergreens, white mountains, and In-n-Out Burgers. I'm drooling. Oh yeah, and we get to see some family, so I guess that's a plus. Really though, seeing our families is the best part about going home. I can't wait for the insane, kid-infested madness, the late night chats, and the conversation that inevitably goes over my head.
Okay, I'll stop babbling about silly stuff. The REAL reason I haven't posted was because I was trying to wrap my mind around how on earth we are going to fit another baby in our severely cramped kid's bedroom come summertime. I think 4 kids warrants a bunk bed, am I right? Maybe we could utilize the empty fireplace...
So, yeah, there you go. I'm flying to California on Wednesday--pregnant, with 3 kids, and no husband. I pray that 6 hours will go by with no diaper explosions or sudden sicknesses.
Wish me luck.

24 comments:

Natalie said...

WAAAAAA-HOOOOO!!!! Congratulations! I'm sure the spirits are lining up to come to your house; that's one lucky fetus! (or is it still an embryo?)

Have fun in Cali, and eat a yummy burger for me. We miss, miss, miss those here.

P.S. If you turn a king bed side-ways, you can literally pack the kids in there.

Shuldberg said...

Holy Cow!! Congratulations! Seems like you just had a baby. :) Four is fun...
Good luck on your trip though..can't imagine making that journey with three kiddos and pregnant. Yay for the pregnancy!

Nashelle said...

Hmm, never thought of the fireplace...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! When are you due?? How are you feeling??

Pattie said...

WOW....that is so Crazy...Congratulations...by the way i will not be joining you this time...yay me...and now share some details. i hope everything goes well with the new pat...

Melissa said...

I didn't know you were prego! CONGRATS! We will probably be moving this spring/summer, maybe you guys would want to rent our house?

Rachel said...

Congrats and can't wait to see you! Good luck flying out with the kids...

Sarah said...

Due date is June 14. That makes me 14 weeks today. Keturah will be 15 months older. And yes, I'm still nursing.

Ron and Rachelle said...

congrats congrats congrats and good luck! and a merry merry Christmas!

Charla and Jarom said...

Wow, that's wonderful news :) Congratulations! Good luck with the flight, I'm sure your kids will be angels :) We just did the 12 hour drive to Cali for Thanksgiving and me and Jarom were complaining way more than Evan and Haleigh :)

Carrie said...

Congratulations! Here's what makes me sad - now that your mom lives...somewhere else :) I won't get to see you and your cute family when you come home!

Alisha said...

CONGRATS!! And yes, time for a bunk bed. That's the only way we could fit 4 kids in our place. Good luck with the trip and hope you're feeling ok.

Jenny said...

I love you Sarah! I am really excited for you guys. Jason is kinda nervous about me getting PG while nursing now though...lol.

Melanie Chambers said...

That's AWESOME!! So now Ezra and your little one will be in the same school grade when we inevitably move to the same place for residency!!?? Seriously, congrats. That will be so fun for your two to be so close.

Mariasis said...

Late night chats... be prepared! The ones going over your head are Nate or Jer's department. I'm so excited! And hey, Keturah will be just about as close to the newbie (in terms of age) as Danny and I are!

Maren said...

congratulations sarah! that is exciting. I don't envy your flight, but youre the woman- so you'll do it. good luck!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Congratulations! Good luck with the flight, you are one brave woman!

Ben & Carly said...

congrstulations, the more the merrier. I welcome anyone to pregnancy....misery loves company huh! congratulations again what a great christmas suprise, have a wonderful time with your families!

Amber Draper said...

Congratulatsion! That is exciting! Good luck on the flight. I had a horrible time with just one...

Elsie said...

Congrats to you and Matt and the whole family! Wow, another cute little Guymon kid running around - I can't wait! Love you!

Terra said...

Congratulations, and good luck on your flight! You're completely crazy, and I admire your courage.

Shanda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! And yes, I DEFINITELY think that 4 kids warrants a bunk bed. I got one for Solomon when we only had 2 kids- and who knows if I'll ever have another boy :) But it's been great for bed wetting and pukey nights- just move him up top :) HAVE A BLAST IN CA!! And good luck on the plane- insanity I'm sure...

Melissa said...

WOW! You are amazing. NO Really, Congratulations and good luck with the flight.

Unknown said...

AAAHHHHH! I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry...maybe you're feeling the same way :) Totally exciting! I can't wait to find out more about this new little babe!

K.E.N said...

Yahoo!!! New baby! Congrats!