Monday, November 30, 2009

The Twilight Zone

I went to a store the other day--normally an extremely stressful situation that can leave one's mind, if left unchecked, entertaining dangerous thoughts that pose some serious threats to any unlucky souls found in the 10 foot radius of the maddening patron. This is almost always due to the fact that there are children in accompaniment.
On this day, however, there were no children, which would have been reward enough, but this was not the only radical change from the norm.
I found everything on my list on the first try, I scored some stuff that was lower than the advertised price, I didn't have to wait in line, I got a free sample of chocolate, people were nice to me, and I was in and out in less than 30 min.
This was miracle, ladies and gents, because I was at Walmart. It must have been backwards day.

6 comments:

Mares said...

Free chocolate? They don't give that out at my Walmart! Thanks for updating. :)

Rachel said...

I agree, that's a miracle! I've never had a free sample at Walmart or made it out without waiting in line.

Nashelle said...

That is pretty sweet! I would probably still take an hour just because I'm away from the house, by myself...just making it last a little while longer!

Ben & Carly said...

A christmas miracle for sure, I'm glad you documented it....otherwise you might think you dreamed it years from now. It gives me hope for my grocery shopping trip this week but let's be honest lightning doesn't strike twice!

Melissa said...

Without children? You should have milked it a little longer.

Unknown said...

Miraculous! It must have been your day