Here are the pictures to prove that we did something...
Carved pumpkins with Jace and Heather.
A little surprise visit from Elsie, who was on hiatus from her many travels. We actually got to enjoy a fall day, because Michigan took a break from trying to freeze us out. Elsie helped me confirm my suspicions that the shed out back may have been used to hide bodies. Okay, not really, but it is a little shady looking.
A pause in the pics to tell about the church party we went to. Of course I forgot my camera, but if I had not, I would have had a picture of Keturah playing the donut on a string game here. Classic.
We bribed the Crellins to come spend the 31st with us. We went down to an orchard that had a pretty sweet play area for the kids. Oh, and it was ridonkulously cold.
Heather joined us for dinner, and then we scrambled to get the kids ready to go.
I had Keturah zipped inside my jacket with just her head sticking out at the top, and I think some woman thought it was my costume. "Hey there's a pregnant girl with a baby coming out!" Um...wrong end, lady. Other than that, the entertainment was Jenny trying to get her 2 year old to stop saying "smell my feet" at the door.
Alex was trying to reference this fellow-
-and managed to name him something worse. "The Grand Raper"
12 comments:
How cold is it there? That pregnant comment totally cracked me up.
Hilarious!!!
i am glad you used ridonkulously cold. So something Brad would say. I wish we lived 2 hours and could come spend a cold halloween there. Halloween is not one of my favs either. But we were able to eat lots of Chloe's candy, too.
I can't stop laughing about that last one... definitely a good reward.
That second picture of Keturah in her costume is really good! The lighting is perfect.
I don't envy the cold. I'm happy with the only-slightly-colder-than-California weather here in VA.
I laughed so hard that I cried a little bit about the "Grand Raper" comment - man that kid is funny. It was so fun seeing all of you and the kids costumes turned out great! Loves to you and the fam!
Alex is cool :)
we spent all night trying to get Luke not to say smell my feet but then I ended up letting that one go and trying to stop the "or all pull down my underwear" which I assured Ben was much worse and we should pick our battles. your kids look cute and cold....I'm afraid we have become pretty wimpy here, we were just praying we would stay in the eighties..because come on trick or treating in the seventies, who does that? I'm glad you had a great candy day!
Sarah, your posts are always so funny! Thanks for giving me a good laugh.
I LOVE reading your posts because I just can't stop laughing! The grand raper is AWESOME :) And it ALL sounds completely "RIDONKULOUS" to me :) And I would have to agree that really Christmas is my favorite too! But I love seeing the kids enjoy ANY holiday :) It's just priceless... P.S. Don't you love how in some places tinkerbell doesn't have to wear a coat and sweats with wings on top to go trick or treating? :)
Alex is the funniest kid and Keturah is getting so big!
Them apples don't fall far...
Looks like your gorgeous family had a fantastic All Hallow's Eve. I'm glad about that.
We miss you!
I have to tell you that I have had the "grand raper" pop into my head several times since reading this post. Alex never ceases to make me smile. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Post a Comment