Monday, October 5, 2009

A quick update for anyone interested...

Keturah is crawling and pulling herself up to standing. She seems to want to stand all day and she has balanced for a couple seconds (unknowingly, I'm sure). She adores Alex and really likes Bekah until she starts rolling around the floor with her. Bekah is always glad to have Alex home, but she also likes having the seniority for a few hours. Alex is in another one of his punk phases. He has been whining an awful lot, and it is hard for Matt and I to be patient. He has his super nice, helpful phase, his sassy and very witty phase (this is when he is funniest), and his punk phase. Hopefully he'll transition soon.
We watched conference this weekend and did not restrain from the junk food. We're talking homemade cookie dough ice cream, pizza, gooey popcorn balls, hot dogs, german pancakes, molten lava cakes, etc. And we'll be having Matt's birthday cake shortly as well.
I realized that on Sunday, I did not go outside the house once the entire day--didn't even crack a window or poke my head out the door. Pathetic.
We went miniature golfing a week or so ago, but forgot the camera. The kids are pretty fun to play with--they make me feel better about my 20 strokes on that blasted 17th hole. I pulled a Happy Gilmore and hit that evil snake with my club. And yes, it did make me feel a lot better. Just so you don't think I'm a total loser, I did get a couple of holes in one.
We also went raspberry picking a while ago and forgot the camera then too. However, we did remember the camera when we went to the local fair. For the kids to go on two rides it was $12. Holy rip off. I convinced Matt that we should get them cones at McD's instead of any kind of other nasty rip off at the fair. I'm such a cheapskate.



One more thing....who sleeps like this?

9 comments:

Ben & Carly said...

ok wait, I can't remember what state you live in now, are you still in Missiouri? for some reason I thought you were fairly close to Nauvoo, I would love to take the kids there, we haven't been in years. I'm kind of retarded but I had to go look at a map to try and figure out where Kentucky was and where I thought you were...I think I need a crash course on US geography. I love the picture of your kids sleeping, that's classic!

Jenny said...

Sarah, I would trade you babies any day, but then you may never want to speak to me again because I would refuse to trade back I'm sure. WE miss you TONS! I told Jason that I would be happy living the rest of my life with our houses next door to eachother. He asked if I thought that you would like that, I told him, "no but so what, this is my fantasy right"

And I think my parents have pictures of me and my siblings sleeping like that as kids. So weird.

Rachel said...

I love the crazy way kids sleep. How's kindergarten?

Nashelle said...

LOL, great picture of the the kids! Great post!

Anonymous said...

Alright! I know I'm a complete slacker when it comes to keeping up with kids blogs! I finally went back over your last several and just had to comment. You guys have the cutest kids imaginable; Keturah is becoming such a doll! Your humor,Sarah, is delightful to read. Sorry about your foot. That was a nasty injury. I stole (downloaded) some of your pics. Keep up the good work. Love to all. DAD

Jessica said...

so funny! It's interesting how much Matt and John look alike for being cousins. Kind of crazy. Hope all is well with rotations!

Mary said...

Whoa, I can't believe I haven't checked your blog in this long. I'm normally a loser and check like every day. I love that pic of the kids sleeping. Hilarious! Sorry Alex is reverting to being 3 again. And hopefully won't get too power hungry with Alex gone. I can't see that boding well for Keturah.

Unknown said...

I miss seeing your kids. It's fun to hear about what they're up to. I hope rotations are going well!

Shanda said...

YAY! Way for me to be out of the loop and never check your blog :) She looks so cute in the hat :) And I'm a cheapskate too! MAJOR! So don't feel bad. I told my friend the other day that my kids are probably going to want to buy EVERYTHING since I try my best to make everything I can to save money. I forget my camera all the time too- maybe someday soon I'll do a new post;)