I looked around and noticed the kids were gone. I ran up the embankment and saw an old couple speeding away on motorcycles, with like 7 kids somehow crammed in the storage compartment.
I want to point out that in my dream (I hope you figured that out by now), it was important that I knew that they were Ducati motorcycles. Holy Random.
Here is the best picture I could find to match the story:

Anyway...So I start running down the dirt road after them to rescue the kids. For some reason I could run way faster when I was on all fours running like a dog, so that is how I caught up to a Ducati going 50mph+.
After grabbing the kids, the old man (who looks like Jon Voight with a heavy beard) threatens me with a knife. Yes, the motorcycles have disappeared at this point.
I snatched the thing closest to me to ward him off. May I remind you that we are in the middle of nowhere.
Naturally.Well, a laundry basket was the perfect weapon for this guy, because after promptly placing the device on his head, he was completely incapacitated.
What great hero work. Yay for me saving the kids and the party.
Okay, so you want to know what really happened?
My friend Jenny has a son who is Alex's friend, Tab. Tab's birthday is just a couple days before Alex's, so we threw a little shindig for the two of them. We went with a pirate theme and we probably had more fun with it than the kids did.
Here is Jenny's awesome cake with the birthday boys behind it.
We were supposed to swim, but soccer will do when it is only 65 degrees out.
As you can see, Alex is so used to wearing a patch, that he wore this pirate patch the whole time even though he didn't have to.
I mostly wanted to do this so Alex could play with all his friends one more time before we all move, but he did make it home with quite the pile of loot. That's my pirate.
He was seriously lacking in sleep the last couple of days, so he and the new Batman snoozed his birthday afternoon away.
He only got off the couch when he noticed I was doing this:
Yeah, the handwriting stinks. It's because my 3rd grade teacher sapped me of my confidence by giving me a "C" in that subject (if that is what you want to call it).
BUT...the rest of it I'm a little proud of, considering I had to draw that sucker.
After cake come more presents, of course.
16 comments:
Maybe you can relay a msg for me.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Alex. I can't believe you're 3 already, kid. How time flies! (hehe - just kidding him, of course)
I hope we get to see you sometime soon, but, even if not, we'll just bide our time till that does actually happen. I miss you guys.
Laundry baskets make the best weapons.
Both those cakes are incredible.
I got a C- in 3rd grade handwriting.
I hope you're feeling better.
I'm laughing so hard right now, I'm glad someone else has crazy dreams...I had one last night where I was being chased by a giant goldfish that kept trying to bite my ankles, and after I hit it it turned into a large child with a fish face and learning disabilities. see at least in yours you are a hero, I'm just a mean person who hits kids who are different. not a good thing. I'm impressed with your cake, I am guessing you got an A in art!
That's sooo funny! I'm sure i just missed it, cause I'm not great at keeping up but when and where are you guys moving?
Thanks for the update. Sorry for the nudge -- I was curious! Yeah, I picked up on the dream as soon as I saw "corn field." I have to say, though, that the laundry basket was probably the funniest thing ever. Your cake is amazing, btw. I couldn't tell from the picture, but did you do little frosting dots to fill that in? It must have taken forever! That Batman looks like the one Mom and I picked out. Glad we didn't go with the transformers, since you guys covered that front. Wow, this is a long comment. I'll shut up now.
By the way, I think I got an N in handwriting. Beat that!
Your dream just cracks me up. I read it twice because it was so funny. I'm glad you took care of those bad people. I also loved your cake, and I'm very glad Alex had such a wonderful party. Love, Linda
P.S. I was literally "LOL" about the point where you put the little pic of the very innocuous basket. Great stuff. Someday, you should take on comedic writing at the professional level, chica :)
Remember how we did a little cake decorating class last year...um...you should've taught it. Holy man, that's an awesome cake, Sarah. Also, I loved your dream sequence complete with pictures.
Sarah you crack me up!!!
The cake is great! I loved the photos and descriptions as usual. I think I also got a C or C- (possibly even worse one quarter) in handwriting in third grade.
AWESOME! You and your dreams :) And your cake was AWESOME!! Solomon now wants to draw a Transformer that matches :) And so I need to leave your blog page up to do that :) And yes- you're the only one who got that but the "for freeeeee" was from bedtime stories :) NICE WORK! It made me chuckle too...
P.S.- FORGOT to say... send me your address so I can send you a hat :)
Your dreams sound a lot like mine. Totally random and crazy. Jason thinks my dreams are the way they are because I secretly like wacked out drama.
Thanks for sharing your birthday party with Tab! Happy Birthday Alex.
you should write a book
i laughed out loud several times. then i went back and read it again because i enjoyed it so much. i love you. when are you moving to washington? Michigan, then washington. deal.
Happy Birthday Alex. Man, i remember babysitting that kid. I love that I can say that. and the time little bekah was an infant and she cried like, the whole time you were gone. ok, not the WHOLE time. but yeah. we love Alex! Happy day dude!
Post a Comment