Monday, September 8, 2008

reticence revealed

I realize that it has been a long time since I posted anything. The great thing about it is that I have no excuses. Not a one. However, it has been a while, and I figure I'd better have something darn good to write about to make up for it. I had lots of fun thinking of all the things I could write about: my secret life as a professional badminton player, my hidden addiction to orange soda and sardines, or my experience as a paid participant in a program designed to determine if humans really can function without cell phones. While none of those are true, I might have something else fun to report. If it were a movie title it would be: The Guymon Prodigy 3 (coming Winter 2009).
Yes, the third installment of a child will be added to our family. We are excited but have actually lied to people a few times in the past months, but now we can be truthful and hope we haven't lost any friends over it.

In other news, Matt started back in school this week. Over the break we hung out with friends, spent a day in Columbia, and another one in Nauvoo, Matt washed the cars twice, played with the kids, camped with friends, went swimming, and did some other random things. Amazingly, and quite against Matt's original requests for his break, we didn't watch very many movies. I think maybe 2 was all. I promise to post pictures soon of things--there is an awful lot to fill in, including the trip to Cali. In Columbia, Alex saw the pediatric opthalmalogist for the first time in like 2 years. Alex now has to wear a patch for 6 hours a day. But, it has only been a few days, and Matt and I can tell that it is helping a lot. Bekah is her usual self. The other day she said her shorts were "crookwards". Made sense to me.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You look fabulous and you've had lots of relaxing family time - so you should be doing great! Any big birthday plans?

Nashelle said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!Congratulations, Guymons! When are you due, Sarah?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, again! Glad Alex's eye is improving. Ditto Rach -- what're you doing for your birthday?

Shuldberg said...

Congratulations Sarah! That is such great news!!

Amy Beatty said...

Hurray!! What fun good news. I hope you are feeling aright. I got to see Glory's photos of you guys. You two are the cutest little Mommies. Good luck!!

N said...

Jaden was supposed to do that patch thing. I'm surprised they've only said anything just now. But, I don't know that the effects stick all that well. Best of luck to Alex :)

You're hilarious with your stuff, Sarah. You've a knack for concise humor. I like Coke and Ritz if that makes any sense.

I love sardines, too - mustard or with spicy chiles. Do you have a preference? Does the orange soda go with your fishies, or those addictions independently placated?

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Yeah! Congratulations!

Maria and Ryan said...

honestly Sarah, who knew you were so funny in the written form? I seriously busted up at that "face" blog about Alex...what a spaz. I wonder where he gets it? Ha. Anyway, I love to read your blog! Congrats on the new babe--we're super excited for you guys!

Sarah said...

Due date is March 5.
No birthday plans yet.
Nate,
He's worn the patch on and off since he was 1.
I've never tried sardines, silly. That was just a bit of randomness.

Maren said...

Hey congratulations! That is exciting!

Sheila said...

WAHOO!! I love babies! I'm excited for you guys goin for #3. I'm not so there yet. Maybe 5 years. It's a good thing you married Matt, he cleaned the cars twice?? Amazing!

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! We're SO excited for you! And I think it's fine to lie in that situation. It's just poor manners for people to ask that! Seriously!

Also, patches do seem to help. We're glad A is doing better. Sorry there are no patch fixes for Matthew's color ailment....

Come check us out at micnnat.blogspot.com. Links to others in the fam are posted there.

Love you guys!

Jenny said...

nanner nanner, I knew..he he. I like to brag when I knew something others didn't even if it was only a few days. Anyway...I am so stoked for you. You totally rock.

Elsie said...

Yeah Guymons!!!! I am so excited for your new little addition! Congratulations! Lots of love to you all - I miss you guys! And am so happy for you!

Melanie Chambers said...

Congratulations Guymons. What a cute "prodigy 3" you'll have.

Shanda said...

OH MY WORD CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm excited for you guys and LOVE your posts, even with no pics :)!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I wish I had checked this sooner to tell you congrats in person. We're so excited for you!!

DeAnne said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ok Sarah, you have way too many friends and family. But I will agree with the masses...congrats, love your humor, and glad you are feeling well. Love to all, Linda

Natalie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Glory Watts said...

Holy Cow, 20 comments? I'm happy if I get more than 10. You are one popular little girl! You are a very funny writer, and hey, what's wrong with liking Sardines ;) I'm excited about your new baby, are you going to find out what it is?

Jaime said...

I knew it! Not b/c you are showing b/c your not! I just think woman know these things. Congrats Sarah!! I love your blog, it is cute and you really make me laugh!

Kari said...

"installment of a child"?? Hillarious. Congratulations!! Due in March?? Oh, yay, I'm excited for you. Wish I could be there for this delivery. Good times:) I still remember exactly what Alex looked like when he was 1 minute old:) I miss you, Sarah!