We got a dresser for free from someone and Matt cleaned it up and moved it inside while I was away in California. Matt is pretty thorough and particular and had cleaned the entire house too. A couple of days after I got home, I noticed something about the dresser. It had red paint on various spots that I didn't remember being there. As I looked a little closer, I figured it out and just started laughing out loud to myself. Matt had evidently noticed some scratches and chips in the wood and decided to color them in with brown marker (pretty cheap of us, huh?). My adorable, color-blind Matty thought that the red marker looked like the perfect match. And so we have red neatly covering any blemishes in the wood.

Poor Matt gets teased a little, but it is just too much fun. Like when he tells Alex to grab the big blue book and gets frustrated when Alex is looking around confused. I have to step in and tell Alex that he means the big purple book.
Maybe that is why he likes my brown eyes--they must look like a much cooler color than poop-brown.
16 comments:
I've done the marker trick before... and even if you're not color blind it's kind of hard to match. So does Matt have a hard time with choosing his clothes?
Poor Matt getting teased. That's pretty funny, and you do love red. P.S. Linda just got me a red dress I think you'd be jealous of. :) Miss you and Rach already!
That is so funny. But what a sweetie Matt is for doing all that for you. I had such a good time shopping with Mary. It's hard to believe she's off to school again in three days. Sure sorry we only got to see you once when you were here. We are planning on visiting next spring...yea!! Love, Linda
Hey I have a color blind husband too! Not as bad though, because I don't have funny stories like you!
Oh, I love you anyway, Mr. G! You are such a good kid, it's probably all my fault that you have this problem...
That is way too funny, me and Dan had a good laugh! That's really nice of Matt to do that though!
Hey i like our Poop brown eyes thank you very much.
Wait...You're eyes are brown?!!
haha, so this post just made me laugh. Poor Matt. But too funny!
That is hilarious. You know I'm making fun of Matt the next time I see him
ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! I love you guys :) Poor Matt, I'm sure he takes it well, and makes him laugh too :)
Too funny! A total classic color blind scenario. I didn't know Matt was color blind. Paul is too.My kids love to ask him to name the colors of certain crayons while they cover up the name of the color. You should teach Alex that one, it never gets old.
btw, I loved seeing you at the reunion, you look great. I just put some pictures of it on my blog.
Yeah, what Rachel said. It is hard to match those silly furniture pens anyways, once they dry.
I love the title, Sarah. Such a clever girl :)
I had a dream last night with Alex in it. I don't remember what it was about, but it made me miss him again. Tell Alex Aunt Mary loves him!
Oh, and refer to my blog for the response to your comment.
(There's two.)
Oh man, that brought back so many hilarious memories! Thank you for that story, so very funny! Tell Matt we all love him no matter what!
that is hilarious and so sweet! I didn't know that Matt was color blind. I read Glory's comment about Paul and the kids. haha our 2nd kid Kevin might be too so I'll have lots of questions for you and Matt down the road if he is.
Post a Comment