Saturday, July 21, 2012

Is there a doctor in the house?

Don't sit down on the couch at our house unless you want a full work up from Drs. Alex and Bekah. Keturah was merely feeling tired, but they were not satisfied she could go until they had covered everything.
They didn't even go to medical school (well, they did go several times, just weren't enrolled); they were doing a history and physical, drawing up a list of symptoms, discussing treatments, giving shots, consoling the patient, and even referring to a pain scale all without any prior knowledge that real doctors do all that stuff. Well, they knew about shots, of course. Nature or nuture anyone?




This guy went to the doctor for his 2 year old shots. 22 lbs while fully clothed and holding a toy car.  However, anyone will tell you that he has enough attitude for 220 lb linebacker.


As far as the real doc--he's playing the part by golfing...


...and eating steak. 
For real though, that was the first steak I've bought in many years. I guess you can count it as the first ever since it was more than $3/lb--those cuts aren't usually classified as "steak". Anyhow, it was amazing. Maybe we'll get it again when we pay off our loans in 20 years.


Oh yeah, I went to the doctor, too. This could mean a couple of different things:
       a) I really am a loon, it's confirmed
       b) I want my arms to be fatter
       c) I should slide down the stairs in sleeping bags more before my condition worsens
       d) I'm due Jan 20th, 2013
       e) All of the above

15 comments:

Ben & Carly said...

Hooray my heart is so happy to hear your news....it could be because
A: someone is as crazy as me in the world!
or B: you are an awesome mom and children should be so lucky to come into you and Matt's home.
C: all of the above!
congratulations! five doesn't seem so scary knowing someone else in the world is doing this great work also! you're awesome

Shuldberg said...

Coming from a mother of five, I think you are crazy!!! :o)
I'm sure you handle things much better than I do. Congratulations!!

Rachel said...

5 is wonderful! If Alex and Bekah can handle sick patients, just think how great they'll be with a new baby. Congratulations! We're all excited for your growing family.

P.S.: I've always wished my arms were slender and toned like yours.

Rachel said...

I forgot to add that I miss sliding down the stairs with you. I wonder how many times we crashed into that old black phone.

Sarah said...

Haha! That phone! We didn't need sleeping bags to go tumbling down those stairs.
Also, I guess it isn't true that I want my arms to get fatter, it is just probably inevitable.

Elsie said...

Sarah and Matt - congratulations!!!! How exciting!!

The Haas Family said...

Congratulations! SO excited for you guys!

sallie g said...

Oh, I feel bad that we invaded you in June when you were in the throes of "!st Tri-mester"! I'm happy for you---you are a terrific mom.
Looks like Katurah has been playing with the skeeters again...

Love you, Sarah :)

muzzy

Melanie Chambers said...

that's awesome. Pure awesomeness!! So, we can still come stay in you giant house with you and your 5 kids in September...next september???

Carrie said...

Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! I love it when great moms have more children!

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N said...

ilI hear you on the steak. We've had lean times before, thankfully short. Hang in there, you're investing in that great future on an Obamacare salary. And, the no Social Security option is included at full charge!

You calling out thick arms is ridiculous. Hopefully when I've lost my pregnancy sympathy weight, I'll regain my girlish figure.

Mom said...

Congratulations! You know that I'm excited for a new grandbaby! However,I'm with Sallie in feeling bad that I added to your in-house company in June. You were an amazing hostess for all of us! Thanks again.

Mary J. Locke said...

I was there for 90% of these pictures, and yet there's no mention of me. I'm hurt.
Also, woohoo! There's nothing like being an aunt 17 times over. :)
Rach, when we slid down the stairs I totally mentioned the black phone! That thing was ridiculous.

Maria and Ryan said...

Why is it that, pregnant or not, you and Matt never look any older? Can you tell me that? Huh? The rest us, mostly just me, look older and haggard-er by the minute. But you? Oh no. Still gorgeous. How do you accomplish that?

Congrats congrats on the new baby! Hopin' for a boy or girl?

Hey, when are you going to be in CA next? We're going summer 2013 for like 10 days. Let me know--maybe we'll coincide! That would be too good to be true!

Love you guys!