To this:
We went to Ann Arbor and rented a row boat for a couple of hours to enjoy the warm weather and Matt's vacation time. We had a lot of fun trying to row with a broken oar and the wind working against us. Keturah is the only one who didn't take a turn rowing, but she got splashed plenty to make up for it. And I learned something new about geese. We came right up to a goose family that didn't want us near their egg, so they hissed at us. Didn't know they could hiss. Maybe it's a Canadian thing, eh? There were a ton of geese. I tried to find a spot on the grass to sit down and there were none to be found that were sans goose poop.
Have you ever noticed that all the different words for poop are 4 letters? Poop, crap, terd, loaf, do-do, dump, etc. I know there is another one, too--but this post if for the kids.
9 comments:
I love you contemplate crap so much. That snow cave looks awesome! And geese hiss anywhere. They hissed at me enough at Lumsden Park, anyway.
That's quite the weather change! Geese look pretty from a distance, but up close they're mean, noisy, smelly, and messy. I'll stick with my pelicans. They just ignore everyone.
LOL! You are my kind of gal. And where in the world is your baby bump??? Give me a break, already! Sheesh, you look SO good!
...Matthew always had insane luck.
HILARIOUS, I love you Sarah, seriously...wish we could be neighbors. Matt looks so rugged in his row boat, you guys are a fun family. Great pictures. Honestly, loaf?? That's sick funny. I thought of one that's not four letters,
lumber...? I think I heard that in a movie recently...
How fun. Canoes are so fun. Alas, I would rather die than dream of taking our kids in a canoe. They would tip us over. They are way too unruly.
All I have to say is, if we get to go in row boats, then I guess I could come and see your baby when you have it. I guess. But I was hoping for some sort of an invitation you know. Actually, we're just trying to find a way so that we can ALL see you 'cause we're friends with you all. But Jamie's just MY friend. You can see the difference, I'm sure. So calm down already. I love you just as much as Jamie. Pretty much at least :-)
Looks like a ton of fun. We really will come sometime...someday.
p.s. you could come here you know...
p.p.s. we'll be in California in the middle of June...any overlap?
Remember the goose that bit you in Manhattan Beach?
Awesome. That's crazy with the change. It did that here, too. We had super cold (for here!) and then beach days in the water 2 weeks later. It's settled out somewhere in the middle now, tho. But, I still think the snow-hole called a cave would have been the funnest ever :)
Okay, new post please! Looking at the snow every time I open your page depresses me.
Post a Comment