Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bekah boo

 If spending an hour waiting in the car while your dad is in the store is a definition of fun, then Bekah had loads of fun on her birthday. No disrespect to dad, though, it really wasn't (all) his fault. It's a good thing she is so dang laid back and positive because she'd pretty much be happy doing almost anything. (Ok, so she probably would not go for toilet scrubbing or something equally disturbing.) She was mostly just happy to finally be 6.
She did, however, get to do some things that were on her list.

Her List:
read books
color
play with toys

She was really pushing the limit here. As much as I liked the idea spending another day on top of the 357 that we'd already spent doing those same, electrifying activities, I tried to get more out of her and asked her if she wanted to go anywhere. She came up with the play area at the mall. It is like 20' by 20' and mostly for kids under 3. Like I said, she's easy to please. She's also easy on the budget and I can't argue with that. To the mall we went. We also took her to Pizza Hut because she really wanted to redeem her reading coupons.
First things first though: 
She opened a couple of gifts that morning from grandparents.

After pizza and the mall, we went home and I started working on the cake. I don't even remember what anyone else did because the cake was being really annoying. I had to redo one section about 90 times and it took all I had to not just give her a headless butterfly.
Oh, I forgot, she wanted a bubble bath, too, so we got that in as well. And then she got the remaining presents.



It is definitely not my favorite cake. I needed something small because we already had so many desserts around, so I picked this, but it pretty much sucks. Also, it is supposed to be purple, but looks gray here.Whatever. Stupid cake.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

She's such a cute, sweet girl! I think the cake looks fine. But I don't have your standards. I let my kids decorate their own cakes when they want to, and then there's a crazy mess of stuff on top. But we eat half of it that night, and the rest the next day, so I don't even care.

The Haas Family said...

love the cake! You always were the ultimate baker!

Nashelle said...

She just gets prettier and prettier! Sounds like a typical birthday around here...except without the cool cake! So cute!

Mom said...

Bekah is a beautiful little sweetie! I think the cake looks great too. You can't keep topping yourself on more dramatic cakes every birthday.

Ben & Carly said...

I think pizza at the mall sounds awesome. now I really want some. I love easy going kids, they make the best adults! my kids are lucky if they get frosting on their cake, so to me that is amazing. well done

Mary J. Locke said...

Alright, I'll be honest -- if you hadn't said it was a butterfly, I wouldn't have known what the cake was. However, it did look yummy, and that's more important. It's kinda hard to top your awesome castle cake. Or the Mickey cake. Or the transformer cake. Man, you've done a lot of awesome cakes!

I cracked up at Bekah's list. Bekah is so adorable! She is seriously the sweetest kid on the planet. And it looks like the other kids had fun, too, so that's good.

Laura said...

She is just so pretty Sarah. What a lucky little girl!

Natalie said...

You know what's funny? I looked at the picture of Bekah with her hair pulled back for SO LONG because I've only ever seen her with all that gorgeous hair around her face.
How can one girl be so beautiful and fun and delightful??
Thanks for being real about your cake. It's why I love your blog. And you. At least you make birthday cakes. You get mad props from me for that!